• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying Light Bulbs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    blame the Greens and EU bureaucracy!
    Oh the unending tedium...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      I will always, always get home to find it's the wrong sized thread and/or it wont fit in some other way
      But somehow, you always manage to squeeze it in....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        a few have failed and getting new ones under the guarantee is a bit of a faff.
        That's the Yorkshireman in you coming out! They're what? £2 each

Comment

I can't use LEDs in my flat - the landlady hasn't shelled out to tweak whatever needs tweaking. Rather annoying as halogens are getting harder and harder to find.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I can't use LEDs in my flat - the landlady hasn't shelled out to tweak whatever needs tweaking. Rather annoying as halogens are getting harder and harder to find.
            Eh? Tweaked what? They are a like for like swap in most cases. Tell us more.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Not at all inneresting.

Use LEDHUT.co.uk from your house. Look at the light bulb and order the equivalent.
              Buying LED flourescent bulbs online, at LED Hut or anywhere else, is like buying china crockery sets from Bulls-are-Us.

It will inevitably be broken on delivery, and no human science or ingenuity has yet been able to solve this problem.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Buying LED flourescent bulbs online, at LED Hut or anywhere else, is like buying china crockery sets from Bulls-are-Us.

It will inevitably be broken on delivery, and no human science or ingenuity has yet been able to solve this problem.

LED != fluorescent.

How many orders have you placed with LED Hut, and how many breakages did you have?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oh dear god, make it so. How much do you want? Name your price.

Hold on, I'll ask my accountant...
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Eh? Tweaked what? They are a like for like swap in most cases. Tell us more.
                    What NLUK said....

just pulled out the old halogens and put in new led bulbs.

went from having to replace all 12 bulbs at least twice a year to .. well so far have replaced 1 led bulb in 2 years.

Pretty much all bulbs are now led's...

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      That's the Yorkshireman in you coming out! They're what? £2 each
                      Well yes but no. They current ranges is yes, and to be fair it's so long since I checked I'm really surprised at that. BUT. Those aren't the ones I bought. If I buy one of them it's going to look different so I'm stuck replacing the ones I have.

It appears LEDHut don't stock them any more which is going to be an even bigger pain when I claim for another.

I have these. I am sure I didn't pay 8 quid a pop for them, more around a fiver.

Heathfield 5W LED GU10 Dimmable COB Lamp Warm White | LED Best Deal Lamps | Fastlec.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X