• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying Light Bulbs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thia should help

Comment

Yeh. Almost as annoying as all the different USB sockets.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Darn that's really unlucky. The transformers shouldn't need changing but some won't be able to handle the fact the LED is only drawing a few watts rather than the 60+ the halogens were. I most cases a decent transformer can handle it up but in some it puts them out of tolerance and will fail. I would guess you've got the same transformers throughout the house and a few of them are old enough, not quality enough so hit tolerance. Unlucky that is.

If you can be bothered you could try getting a 9 or 10w led and try that. It may bring the transformer back in to tolerance but it's going to be bright.
        Just had a sparky in to do my certification & he said I needed to replace all the transformers for my kitchen downlighters. Simple solution, he said, get shot of the transformers and put in 240v LEDs instead. He was probably diddling me but lovely and bright in there now.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
          Just had a sparky in to do my certification & he said I needed to replace all the transformers for my kitchen downlighters. Simple solution, he said, get shot of the transformers and put in 240v LEDs instead. He was probably diddling me but lovely and bright in there now.
          Yep. Never really got low voltage systems but so many people have them. Best without. One less thing to burn your house down is always good thing.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
            Of course you did.

I bet Malcolm is really excited now it's nice and bright.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
            X