By passing the agent after offer but before start date.... By passing the agent after offer but before start date....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13

TykeLike

SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

Default By passing the agent after offer but before start date....

Provisionally boomed to start on the 29th, during the initial discussions with the agent I mentioned I had the last two weeks of August booked to go away. Turns out he hasn’t informed the client so they don’t know, I never mentioned it in the interview as it wasn’t asked (ok possibly my bad on that one)

Would you bypass the agent and contact the client advising them of the holiday, or rock up on day one and say any the way in three weeks time I’m buggering off for a fortnight?
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Provisionally boomed to start on the 29th, during the initial discussions with the agent I mentioned I had the last two weeks of August booked to go away. Turns out he hasn’t informed the client so they don’t know, I never mentioned it in the interview as it wasn’t asked (ok possibly my bad on that one)

Would you bypass the agent and contact the client advising them of the holiday, or rock up on day one and say any the way in three weeks time I’m buggering off for a fortnight?
    Honesty is the best policy. Build your business on quality and integrity!

Failing that invoke the substitution clause. How many Gladiators have you currently got not bleeding radiators?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

You need to tell the client, it's not their fault. Just call and say I'm sure the agent has told you already but im away from this date...

If you leave it to the agent then you don't know if the agent is going to drop you in it.

Super poster

Lance - scorchio!

the latter.... always...
    don't jeapordise the engagement.....
    It's the agent's fauilt for not informing.
    See You Next Tuesday

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

+1 to the above as well.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Honesty is the best policy. Build your business on quality and integrity!

Failing that invoke the substitution clause. How many Gladiators have you currently got not bleeding radiators?
    +1 for sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Ddraig Goch

psychocandy - scorchio!

Yeh I'd tell the client as someone else said "Im sure agent has told you etc".

I've had agents do this twice to me. I guess they are thinking "Oh no, I've sorted the deal and now this dumbass contractor is putting a spanner in there by wanting two weeks off. It might upset the client and they pull it".

So they don't tell the client at all. They're thinking, I guess, is get the contractor on site and started and deny all knowledge. Once the contractor is there, then if client kicks off and moans about contractors not telling them then contractor will have to cancel they're holidays.... Or sort it out themselves.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    Yeh I'd tell the client as someone else said "Im sure agent has told you etc".

I've had agents do this twice to me. I guess they are thinking "Oh no, I've sorted the deal and now this dumbass contractor is putting a spanner in there by wanting two weeks off. It might upset the client and they pull it".

So they don't tell the client at all. They're thinking, I guess, is get the contractor on site and started and deny all knowledge. Once the contractor is there, then if client kicks off and moans about contractors not telling them then contractor will have to cancel they're holidays.... Or sort it out themselves.
    Course they did bro!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Should post faster

fiisch is a permanent contractor

Cancel your plans and honour the contract you've committed to.

You need to stop thinking like a permie - contractors don't get "holiday". Has 23k+ posts on these pages taught you nothing?!

Contractor Among Contractors

sal 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by fiisch View Post
    Cancel your plans and honour the contract you've committed to.

You need to stop thinking like a permie - contractors don't get "holiday". Has 23k+ posts on these pages taught you nothing?!
    I'm sure the contract is properly checked and there is no MOO so by going on a holiday for a period you are still honoring the contract.

Speaking of Holidays - sure contractors have them, one of the best parts of being a contractor vs permie is that you don't have to rely on approval to do so.

You are probably confusing Holiday with leave/annual leave.