• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Well?
      TFA!

BBQ's & beer, interspersed with copious amounts of water pistol fights with offspring.

Saturday afternoon off to a Birthday Party - at a pub with a rather nice beer garden!

Last night was spent at Chester Zoo, hunting for Pokémon, it was tulipe!

What are you up to?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Last night was spent at Chester Zoo, hunting for Pokémon, it was tulipe!
        I remember our visit to Chester Zoo! Awesome day!

What are you up to?
        TFA.

Got a day off today. About to head to York to a posh hotel with MrsBP and baby bp. First thing tomorrow we go to the national railway useum at York. Last year we saw the Flying Scotsman steaming off.

Comment

F**k. How long will the knee take to recover? No long term damage we hope?
          Doc reckons at least 4 weeks out. It's soft tissue damage as best we can tell, tear in a meniscus or tendon somewhere rather than a complete snap or bone related issues. He prescribed some industrial strength anti-inflammatories and I'm off to see the physio again next week to work out a rehab plan. If it doesn't improve in a month then it will be a referral for an MRI to see whats going on.

Now need to decide what the plan is for next year. I was gong to take another crack at the National 24Hr TT and a couple of shorter ultra-distance races beforehand, but the timing will be awkward if I want to ride next years TCR. If the dates don't move I'd only have a week to recover between the TT and TCR.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I remember our visit to Chester Zoo! Awesome day!

TFA.

Got a day off today. About to head to York to a posh hotel with MrsBP and baby bp. First thing tomorrow we go to the national railway useum at York. Last year we saw the Flying Scotsman steaming off.
            I remember when he *was* a baby BP!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I remember when he *was* a baby BP!
              Physically he is enormous(by normal standards, not by yours). Emotionally he is younger. A dangerous combination.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Doc reckons at least 4 weeks out. It's soft tissue damage as best we can tell, tear in a meniscus or tendon somewhere rather than a complete snap or bone related issues. He prescribed some industrial strength anti-inflammatories and I'm off to see the physio again next week to work out a rehab plan. If it doesn't improve in a month then it will be a referral for an MRI to see whats going on.

Now need to decide what the plan is for next year. I was gong to take another crack at the National 24Hr TT and a couple of shorter ultra-distance races beforehand, but the timing will be awkward if I want to ride next years TCR. If the dates don't move I'd only have a week to recover between the TT and TCR.
                Lets hope for the best then. The main thing is you cannot do any more damage(which I know does help the pain!).

You should be able to do the knee strengthening exercises now? I sometimes think if everyone going for a knee operation did the post operation exercises BEFORE surgery then they might not have needed the surgery!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Nasty, hope it recovers quickly!
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Lets hope for the best then. The main thing is you cannot do any more damage(which I know does help the pain!).

You should be able to do the knee strengthening exercises now? I sometimes think if everyone going for a knee operation did the post operation exercises BEFORE surgery then they might not have needed the surgery!
                    That's what I'll find out from the physio next week. Hopefully I'll get a rehab plan that will help with recovery and stop me losing too much condition. it's more a wear and tear injury rather than something acute like a snapped ligament you might get from football or rugby and the joints are pretty strong anyway. I do regular squats and deadlifts in the gym to help with leg and knee strength.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

TFA.

Not riding my road bike as I left replacing the chain to late and have knackered the chain ring and cassette so need to get replacement parts and fit them...

The bike is going to be like Triggers broom when I'm done with.
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X