• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    BBP's last post before banning. Was it that bad?

Why was nothing put on the banned thread? I bet MF would have said why...
    Aye, 'e were tough but 'e were fair!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      And scratch that.

Knackered my left knee and can't ride on it. Gutted. 9 months of training and prep down the pan.
      And looks like the winner is a lady!

Who is Fiona Kolbinger? The medical student who has become the first woman to win the Transcontinental Race… | road.cc

Comment

Well?

Comment

Well?
          Preparing the garden bench to sit on it for a few weeks.
          Maybe taking The Toy out for a drive - it's been parked up for the last month and maybe only done 10 miles in that time
          Might pull the onions, cut the grass, take down an apple tree, or I might leave those for jobs next week, depends on the weather.

What about you?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            What about you?
            TFA

Got minor surgery at 4pm today. Tomorrow will walk round the Great Orme. The kids want to do it even though its due to rain. Sunday is the trip down to the smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Over 4000km, 2500 miles, as we have to hit specific checkpoints along the way rather than a direct route. 14 days. The quick boys will do it in 9+.
              Turns out the quick woman did it in 10 days 2 hours and 48 Minutes.

REPORT — TRANSCONTINENTAL

he seventh edition of the Transcontinental Race was won by 24 year old German cancer researcher, Fiona Kolbinger #TCRNo7cap66 at 7:48am CET on Tuesday 6th of August 2019. She travelled over 4000km from Burgas, Bulgaria to the finish line at Brest in Brittany, in northwest France in just 10 days, 2 hours and 48 minutes. Ben Davies #TCRNo7cap10 takes the 2nd step on the podium reaching the finish line in 10 days, 13 hours and 10 minutes.⁠ Job Hendrickx #TCRNo7cap240 takes 3rd place, he arrived to Brest in 10 days, 15 hours and 48 minutes.⁠
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Doing a powerlifting competition this weekend. Hopefully hit some good numbers.

Comment

Charidee car show tomorrow. Nada Sunday. TFA
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

TFA

Got minor surgery at 4pm today. Tomorrow will walk round the Great Orme. The kids want to do it even though its due to rain. Sunday is the trip down to the smoke.
                    Best of luck with that (although if it's a personality transplant, you might want to check out the donor first )
                    Mostly preparing for Mrs M's HUGE birthday next week. Maybe a bit of watching Arsenal beat a Mike Ashley Invitational XI on Sunday. I was going to say it's a shame there's no cricket on, but after last weeks capitulation, I'm sort of quite relieved. A bit of gardening, if my rain dance doesn't work.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Best of luck with that (although if it's a personality transplant, you might want to check out the donor first )
                      That would be major surgery for Brillo as there is no personality to replace.

Comment

Working...
                      X