• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car cruise crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    If the event has been going on for 17 years, and the police are in contact with the organisers, I'm making the (possibly large) assumption that the police knew about it. Because if they didn't, someone in "police intelligence" is in some serious tulip. It must have been quite widely advertised for that many people to turn up, it seems unlikely that the police were oblivious, although incompetence is always a possibility.
    You're making massive assumptions there:
    1. That the organisers are in touch with the police. Not the other way round.
    2. That the police monitor facebook and every internet forum to see what is happening.

The idea of something being "widely advertised" by sticking up flyers outside the local cop shop is a bit 1970s. These days there are internet forums where meet ups are organised. The cops don't monitor every web page in the world to find out if a bunch of children who have been bought cars by their 40+ year old useless parents are going to be driving round car parks.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Found some!

it was in my dictionary somewhere between sh1t and syphillis.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Found some!

it was in my dictionary somewhere between sh1t and syphillis.
        Which reminds me. I visited NLyUK last week. I need more antibiotics.

Comment

Which reminds me. I visited NLyUK last week. I need more antibiotics.
          She's given you the French disease, again?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            She's given you the French disease, again?
            I hasd to pay extra to get it! But worth it....

Comment

not with the car drivers but with the poor youngsters who now have life changing injuries as a result of madness.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                not with the car drivers but with the poor youngsters who now have life changing injuries as a result of madness.
                Why did they turn up to watch the cars racing?

Of course, in theory, car cruising involves them being stationary. Which is odd as usually cruise implies movement.

Comment

Nope, none whatsoever. But then I'm a hard bastard.

Comment

Of course, in theory, car cruising involves them being stationary. Which is odd as usually cruise implies movement.
                    It didn't involve much movement when the scumbags brought the A48 to a halt in Port Talbot.

Feckwhits.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Working...
                      X