• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you see as the core benefit of contracting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Because you spend your time hiding behind trees masturbating at the sight of doggers, but lack the self confidence to join in.

HTH
    Tarbie would totally join in

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Tarbie would totally join in
      Dogging doesn't involve actual dogs, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Dogging doesn't involve actual dogs, you know.

Comment

Freedom

Originally posted by RyanDS View Post
          Most people who I know contracting, do it for the money, .
          Back in the day...when contracting started.... most did not have a choice.

I moonlighted from my perm job to start my first business, but ended up going contracting to continue the process. I went Ltd when I realised that staying self employed opened me up to losing the house if I got the designs wrong!

As for your key question: What is the core benefit of contracting? IMO...Freedom.... to jump on any opportunity that happens to pass you by......to take 3 months off surfing/backpacking/building box girder bridges/solving the Russo Chinese problem., etc etc
          Last edited by Andy White; 23 July 2019, 19:22. Reason: correct link

Comment

Being paid for extended number 2 sessions...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
            X