• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT landline issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT landline issue

I have a BT landline which has two devices connected to it. One is a modern trim phone and the other is an old dial type phone. Both have been connected to the line for many years without issue. Recently, the old phone has taken to dinging once at various times of the day, including the night. When it started, it was a windy day and I thought there might have been a loose connection in the line. However, the issue persisted on completely calm days. I registered a fault with BT, but they couldn't find anything wrong with the line. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be?

Originally posted by Yddraig View Post
    I have a BT landline which has two devices connected to it. One is a modern trim phone and the other is an old dial type phone. Both have been connected to the line for many years without issue. Recently, the old phone has taken to dinging once at various times of the day, including the night. When it started, it was a windy day and I thought there might have been a loose connection in the line. However, the issue persisted on completely calm days. I registered a fault with BT, but they couldn't find anything wrong with the line. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be?

Have you parked TheBike on top of the cable, John?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Is that a bot auto-generated post?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Inneresting
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Haunted.

Comment

Try bleeding your radiators. Failing that, just try bleeding.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Inneresting

John is not inneresting. He's Welsh.

Ask your accountant to name one inneresting person on here who is Welsh.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                John is not inneresting. He's Welsh.

Ask your accountant to name one inneresting person on here who is Welsh.
                Dats racist.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Dats racist.

John is not inneresting. John is Welsh
                  Other members of this forum that come from Wales include PC. He's not inneresting.
                  BBP is inneresting, but is not Welsh.

Comment

Does the phone have a round dial ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                    X