• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Johnson proposes Australian-style points-based system for immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yes, that's right, someone born here is an immigrant...
    My kids were born here, none of them have British citizenship.

Try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      There are others who argue that if you were born to "immigrants" who didn't have British passports, then you yourself are an immigrant.

Are you saying that's not the case, that if you're born in the UK, then you should be treated as a UK citizen?
      If you are born in the UK to one or more UK citizen parents, then yes, otherwise, no.

Any more questions? Happy to help.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        My kids were born here, none of them have British citizenship.

Try harder.
        Don't confuse him with current immigration laws.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          If you are born in the UK to one or more UK citizen parents, then yes, otherwise, no.

Any more questions? Happy to help.
          Yes, I asked earlier about how far back, now we're getting somewhere.

Are you saying that if someone's parents were not British citizens at the time of their birth, then that person should be treated as an immigrant?

And if neither of your parents were British citizens at the time of your birth, but you have since become a British citizen, should you still be treated as an immigrant and "sent packing"?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
          X