Boris Johnson: Let's build more railways Boris Johnson: Let's build more railways
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 31

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Default Boris Johnson: Let's build more railways

"On the Today programme this morning Helen Roberts, a sheep farmer in Wales and a regional development officer for the National Sheep Association, said a no deal Brexit could lead to farmers in Wales blocking roads in protest. Echoing a comment made by the Farmers Union of Wales, which recently warned that a no deal Brexit could lead to “civil unrest” in the principality, Roberts said a no deal Brexit would be “catastrophic” for sheep farmers. She explained:"

Brexit will be 'catastrophic', first minister tells Boris Johnson ahead of his visit to Wales - live news | Politics | The Guardian

Super poster

meridian - scorchio!

Maybe she’s just not believing hard enough.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Maybe the first minister should try giving a stuff about the people in Wales. He only insults BJ to divert attention away from his own total failures on the domestic front.

Super poster

meridian - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Maybe the first minister should try giving a stuff about the people in Wales. He only insults BJ to divert attention away from his own total failures on the domestic front.
    Yes, that’s the only reason....

Contractor Among Contractors

NigelJK is NOT a disguised employee

Have to say that sounds wrong to me. Welsh lamb is almost exclusively sold to England/UK. Hows does leaving the EU affect that?

Contractor Among Contractors

NigelJK is NOT a disguised employee

Just did a quick google and according to the welsh 94% goes to the EU. Worth £220M per year. So I'll wind my neck in a bit but I'm guessing they will still buy it even with a tariff.

King of updation

TestMangler - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by NigelJK View Post
    Just did a quick google and according to the welsh 94% goes to the EU. Worth £220M per year. So I'll wind my neck in a bit but I'm guessing they will still buy it even with a tariff.
    When it's 40% dearer ? Of course it won't make a difference. The costs to business of a 'no deal' are 'vanishingly small'. Boris says so.....so it must be true.
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by NigelJK View Post
    After Brexit we won't import anything from the EU. At least we can eat Welsh Lamb. Simples! Next.....

Fingers like lightning

GJABS - scorchio!

New Zealand lamb is very tasty, so why bother with the Welsh stuff.

Fingers like lightning

TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

Odd that the sheep farmers around here are not concerned about Brexit or support it [on the whole]. Probably something to do with the pound crashing against the euro and thus wiping out the effect of the tariffs?

As luck would have it ASF has decimated the Chinese swine so as prices spiral upwards the tariffs will seem minor by comparison.