• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Johnson: Let's build more railways

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris Johnson: Let's build more railways

"On the Today programme this morning Helen Roberts, a sheep farmer in Wales and a regional development officer for the National Sheep Association, said a no deal Brexit could lead to farmers in Wales blocking roads in protest. Echoing a comment made by the Farmers Union of Wales, which recently warned that a no deal Brexit could lead to “civil unrest” in the principality, Roberts said a no deal Brexit would be “catastrophic” for sheep farmers. She explained:"

Brexit will be 'catastrophic', first minister tells Boris Johnson ahead of his visit to Wales - live news | Politics | The Guardian

Maybe she’s just not believing hard enough.

Comment

Maybe the first minister should try giving a stuff about the people in Wales. He only insults BJ to divert attention away from his own total failures on the domestic front.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Maybe the first minister should try giving a stuff about the people in Wales. He only insults BJ to divert attention away from his own total failures on the domestic front.
        Yes, that’s the only reason....

Comment

Have to say that sounds wrong to me. Welsh lamb is almost exclusively sold to England/UK. Hows does leaving the EU affect that?

Comment

Just did a quick google and according to the welsh 94% goes to the EU. Worth £220M per year. So I'll wind my neck in a bit but I'm guessing they will still buy it even with a tariff.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
              Just did a quick google and according to the welsh 94% goes to the EU. Worth £220M per year. So I'll wind my neck in a bit but I'm guessing they will still buy it even with a tariff.
              When it's 40% dearer ? Of course it won't make a difference. The costs to business of a 'no deal' are 'vanishingly small'. Boris says so.....so it must be true.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                After Brexit we won't import anything from the EU. At least we can eat Welsh Lamb. Simples! Next.....

Comment

New Zealand lamb is very tasty, so why bother with the Welsh stuff.

Comment

Odd that the sheep farmers around here are not concerned about Brexit or support it [on the whole]. Probably something to do with the pound crashing against the euro and thus wiping out the effect of the tariffs?

As luck would have it ASF has decimated the Chinese swine so as prices spiral upwards the tariffs will seem minor by comparison.

Comment

Working...
                    X