• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Driving in Italy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You think I'm posting on CUK while driving in Italy?
    one doesn't drive in italy, one aims, floors the throttle, and puts his faith in whatever deity suits.

Comment

You think I'm posting on CUK while driving in Italy?

You don't have a driver? What kind of contractor are you?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Can any one tell me what speed limit signs in Italy are for? They appear to be just decoration.
        I’ve had a speeding fine from Italy.
        Not as cheap as France.
        Cheaper than Switzerland.

No points though so cheaper than UK in real terms.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Well at least we know this wasn't you: Naked Brit in his 50s jumped to his death from 150ft Ferris wheel in Italy | Daily Mail Online
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I remember a time in Palermo when five lanes of traffic were going in the same direction squeezed into a four lane road. Then the lights ahead changed and two lanes of traffic came in the other direction so the five lanes iof traffic neatly merged into two. Still not as bad as Greece or Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              one doesn't drive in italy, one aims, floors the throttle, and puts his faith in whatever deity suits.

deity? No, faith in the people who built the steering and brakes on the car, and hope it wasn't a Friday afternoon build.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Depends what you are driving. Floor anything above 500bhp and you will be treated like you were driving in the Pope himself by the police. Drive in a Mondeo with Dutch plates and they might not be as charitable. Probably because you have a caravan on the back.

Special points if you wait for them to take selfies at the next fuel station. Just concede that whatever you are driving is not as good as a Ferrari (in my case a AMG GTS) and they will cheer you off with a smile.

That said, the fastest things on the road seem to be Fiat Unos.

Comment

Then one thing I learned from visiting Italy is that if you want to cross the road in Rome, wait for a Nun crossing the same road, then follow them.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                    Depends what you are driving. Floor anything above 500bhp and you will be treated like you were driving in the Pope himself by the police. Drive in a Mondeo with Dutch plates and they might not be as charitable. Probably because you have a caravan on the back.

Special points if you wait for them to take selfies at the next fuel station. Just concede that whatever you are driving is not as good as a Ferrari (in my case a AMG GTS) and they will cheer you off with a smile.

That said, the fastest things on the road seem to be Fiat Unos.

Fastest thing is always a rental car, but yes, the cops out there do like watching performance cars being driven well.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      You don't have a driver? What kind of contractor are you?
                      You don't have a helicopter? What sort of contractor are you?

Comment

Working...
                      X