• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Driving in Italy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You don't have a helicopter? What sort of contractor are you?
    A fighter aircraft and a bowl of spag bol is the done thing in Italy.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Fastest thing is always a RED car .

Bonus points for the nerds that recognise the reference
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        They indicate the distance, in kilometres, to the next known longest distance traveled by a Lancia before it rusted into oblivion.

Quick exit...
        I had such an example. Bought new in 1978 and was in the scrap yard by 1984. When new, it was the same price as a BL Maxi, but was infinitely better. The paint finish was superb. Lancia were using base coat and lacquer when BL were still using straight metallic. The fit of the doors was superb and it was much quicker and had better road holding than a Maxi, even though it was a 1600, when the Maxi was an 1800. It's a pity that they used poor quality Russian steel to make them. The episode resulted in Lancia's sales collapsing at a time when they were greater than BMW's in the UK.

Comment

Oh my eyes. The unending tedium.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Personally I have never had any problems driving in Italy...maybe I'm just as bad as them
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Oh my eyes. The unending tedium.
              well, I didn't raise the issue of rusting Lancia's.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                Depends what you are driving. Floor anything above 500bhp and you will be treated like you were driving in the Pope himself by the police. Drive in a Mondeo with Dutch plates and they might not be as charitable. Probably because you have a caravan on the back.

Special points if you wait for them to take selfies at the next fuel station. Just concede that whatever you are driving is not as good as a Ferrari (in my case a AMG GTS) and they will cheer you off with a smile.

That said, the fastest things on the road seem to be Fiat Unos.
                and Citroen deux chevaux in France!

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  Bonus points for the nerds that recognise the reference
                  some are yellow!

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                    and Citroen deux chevaux in France!
                    Ha, what fantastic little cars.

It is Peugeot Partners and Citroen Berlingos these days.
                    Had trouble keeping up with one on a country road in Laure Minervois a few weeks ago. I was in a frickin 540i

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                      Ha, what fantastic little cars.

It is Peugeot Partners and Citroen Berlingos these days.
                      Had trouble keeping up with one on a country road in Laure Minervois a few weeks ago. I was in a frickin 540i
                      I had trouble keeping up with a deux chevaux in the early 70's when motoring in France. I had an S version of the BMC Land Crab, which wasn't any slouch, but I couldn't emulate the lean angle of the 2CV!

Comment

Working...
                      X