• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Driving in Italy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving in Italy

Can any one tell me what speed limit signs in Italy are for? They appear to be just decoration.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Do they still like to stop at junctions with their BACK wheels on the give way road markings?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Can any one tell me what speed limit signs in Italy are for? They appear to be just decoration.

You know the speed limit signs are in MPH, don't you?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        Do they still like to stop at junctions with their BACK wheels on the give way road markings?
        Yes. Definitely.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        You know the speed limit signs are in MPH, don't you?
        Ah - now it makes sense!

Comment

They are there to distract from traffic lights.

Comment

They indicate the distance, in kilometres, to the next known longest distance traveled by a Lancia before it rusted into oblivion.

Quick exit...
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Can any one tell me what speed limit signs in Italy are for? They appear to be just decoration*.
              They are so the Polizia can fine the tourists whose mistake is to drive at the same speed as the locals.

*Just so you know, all road signs in Italy are for decoration only. Same goes for lane-markings. But I guess you've already discovered that
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I definitely recall traffic lights being decoration. Fond memories of a family holiday driving through Italy. Got to Rome and were bibbed mightily because my Dad stopped at a red light!

Also, in Northern Italy where there's lots of mountains and tunnels - so may people unable to aim their car at the tunnel entrance and hitting the side instead!

Comment

Are you on a toll road per chance?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Are you on a toll road per chance?
                    You think I'm posting on CUK while driving in Italy?

Comment

Working...
                    X