• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Guide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Guide

The IR35 tax changes for contractors and what they mean for you | Daily Mail Online

Nice, simple, clear and totally 101% factual.

You're welcome.

"HMRC is going after those considered to have aggressively flouted the rules."

So a minor transgression is fine?

I think they really mean the rich and large companies can do what they want.

Comment

Glad to see many of the comments are not impressed. It's enough to make someone vote for the Brexit party.
      Last edited by BlueSharp; 31 July 2019, 08:03.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        Glad to see many of the comments are not impressed. It's enough to make someone vote for the Brexit party.
        I remember a Wail Tommy Robinson article. The TR supporters flooded the page with comments and each got 1000 likes. Its easy to game....

Comment

I don't think it is aimed at the average CUK forum member:

Self-employed workers - such as IT experts and business consultants
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It's closed to comments now
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

So from reading that article, I just to have more than one client in a year and im gold.

Comment

"no entrepreneurial risk"

So the client "consultancy" declaring bankruptcy owing me £7k wasn't a risk?
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  "no entrepreneurial risk"

So the client "consultancy" declaring bankruptcy owing me £7k wasn't a risk?
                  Yes... but under the defunct business entity tests if you have over 10% bad debt per year that was seen a positive. The mind boggles!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    The IR35 tax changes for contractors and what they mean for you | Daily Mail Online

Nice, simple, clear and totally 101% factual.

You're welcome.
                    I don't usually read online comments on Daily Rooney articles, because a) They take forever to load and b) Most are by petty-minded semi-literate baboons. But there are some gems of wisdom in the comments on this article:

There is a huge backlash incoming against these changes. I suspect Boris may scrap this now that left wing idiot hammond and his fairness rubbish have gone
                    Rumour is that Gordon Brown was lobbied by the big IT consultancies to bring in IR35 in order to kill off the UK independent IT contractor! It's taken 20 years but it's going to do exactly that. Businesses will suffer financially if they go down the consultancy route by paying far more per IT 'expert'.
                    In the overall scheme of things the tax difference between employees and Ltd Co contractors is negligible with the differential varying depending on how much you earn. The biggest perceived loss to HMRC is employers NI contributions (a tax of jobs) which has been increased by stealth by successive governments whilst at the same time corporation tax has been cut. The resulting difference is hardly the fault of the contractors. Just cut out all the complication, merge tax and NI and go for a flat tax rate would be more worthy of consideration. People who get income from shares without getting out of bed on a morning could then pay their fair share too. You know, the people with all the wealth and power.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X