• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prezzie ideas for brother's 60th birthday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

An EU passport post Oct 30th.
    Actually, that's not a bad idea at all.

He's a fanatical Remainer, so perhaps an EU coloured passport holder, with the star logo, for his black post-Brexit UK passport would be just the thing!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Actually, that's not a bad idea at all.

He's a fanatical Remainer, so perhaps an EU coloured passport holder, with the star logo, for his black post-Brexit UK passport would be just the thing!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/273846935823
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Get him a membership of https://www.ancestry.co.uk to see if he's got any Irish connections?

Comment

Bridge camera. Better than phone not as expensive as SLR.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Get him a membership of https://www.ancestry.co.uk to see if he's got any Irish connections?
            And/or by him the DNA kit. Mine from fathers day has just gone.

Great idea though. It's one of the few website that has truly astounded me.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
              Bridge camera. Better than phone not as expensive as SLR.
              Bingo! We have a winner!

He travels quite a bit, so a decent camera that doesn't cost literally thousands sounds just the thing, like this bad boy:

Nikon COOLPIX B500 Digital Camera, 16MP, HD 1080p, 40x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3" LCD Screen, Black at John Lewis & Partners

But thanks to everyone who replied (and any subsequent ideas, in case I change my mind)

Comment

Bingo! We have a winner!
                Well if you will give us bloody duff criteria

Nikon COOLPIX B500 Digital Camera, 16MP, HD 1080p, 40x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3" LCD Screen, Black

£220.99

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  And/or by him the DNA kit. Mine from fathers day has just gone.

Great idea though. It's one of the few website that has truly astounded me.

And most of those kits have been proven as dodgy - someone sent in a sample from their dog and it came back with the same reading as a human, even though dog DNA is considerably different.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Well if you will give us bloody duff criteria
                    Hmm, yes sorry. But actually I bought one for about £160 in the end, plus a few bits and bobs to go with it.

Comment

Hmm, yes sorry. But actually I bought one for about £160 in the end, plus a few bits and bobs to go with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X