• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LTD Company Website and eMail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTD Company Website and eMail

Morning all

Here’s a question for all of those who have a Ltd Company. Do you have a company website and email that you correspond with agencies / clients through directly? If so, do you have the details of your Ltd company on your CV and have agencies contact you via that? I’d also be keen to know if you have details of your company on LinkedIn? I always think having an @CompanyNameLtd email address is better than a Hotmail / gmail account, but was wondering what others think.

I am returning to contracting after a long break and am wondering what others do with regards to this.

Cheers

Originally posted by StephenT View Post
    Morning all

Here’s a question for all of those who have a Ltd Company. Do you have a company website and email that you correspond with agencies / clients through directly? If so, do you have the details of your Ltd company on your CV and have agencies contact you via that? I’d also be keen to know if you have details of your company on LinkedIn? I always think having an @CompanyNameLtd email address is better than a Hotmail / gmail account, but was wondering what others think.

I am returning to contracting after a long break and am wondering what others do with regards to this.

Cheers
    The agents do not give a tulip. The client (unless direct) does not see your email.

The big question is: Are you sure you want to go contracting.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      The agents do not give a tulip. The client (unless direct) does not see your email.

The big question is: Are you sure you want to go contracting.
      The only reason I ask is that when speaking to a client the other day (they contacted me through LinkedIn) when I gave them my email address they were like "Oh, is that the name of your current employer or your own company" It was my Ltd Company, btw. I do some additional work through my Ltd Company rather than just contracting (Mainly webdesign and ICT consultancy/training for SMEs) It just got me thinking, I suppose.

Oh and yes, I am sure contracting is the way to go for me, cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by StephenT View Post
        The only reason I ask is that when speaking to a client the other day (they contacted me through LinkedIn) when I gave them my email address they were like "Oh, is that the name of your current employer or your own company" It was my Ltd Company, btw. I do some additional work through my Ltd Company rather than just contracting (Mainly webdesign and ICT consultancy/training for SMEs) It just got me thinking, I suppose.

Oh and yes, I am sure contracting is the way to go for me, cheers!
        It is your current employer and own company. I would have answered "both".

Comment

I do.

It looks more professional to clients and makes you look more like a business to the Revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
            It is your current employer and own company. I would have answered "both".
            Good shout!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
              I do.

It looks more professional to clients and makes you look more like a business to the Revenue.
              I agree, that is my thoughts on it too. Cheers

Comment

If you don't need it, it's a waste of time IMO.

There is only a tiny percentage of contractors that do have websites and I'd wager in a majority of those cases it's made little difference.

A bad website is going to screw you where a good one is only going to be marginally helpful.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X