• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boffins solve UK housing problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boffins solve UK housing problem

Cardbord box

Yep. Thanks going to work.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

How about en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsule_hotel modules with inflatable mattresses that can be dismantled and stacked compactly?

I supposes the main snag, besides the expense, is that tents are part of the festival ambience, and are at least slightly separated from each other.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        Cardboard box! Luxury...
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Genetic engineering so we grow our own houses like tortoises or molluscs.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It's mind boggling how people who go to an ostensibly green festival commit such acts of eco vandalism. I went up Pennard Hill on the Monday following Glastonbury and there was literally a sea of deserted tents in front of me.

Don't these people think about the co2 emissions belched out by the huge container ship that brought their tents to these shores? Dont they think of the plastic pollution (because they mostly don't get recycled)? Don't they even think of the poor sods in the sweat shops whose derisory wages make it possible to knock out these tents for £20 a pop? And, most baffling of all, why not just pack it up and use it again? Twenty quid is twenty quid after all and they're supposed to be poor students.

It reeks of hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
              It's mind boggling how people who go to an ostensibly green festival commit such acts of eco vandalism. I went up Pennard Hill on the Monday following Glastonbury and there was literally a sea of deserted tents in front of me.
              You should have seen the toilets after PC went in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

Don't these people think about the co2 emissions belched out by the huge container ship that brought their tents to these shores? Dont they think of the plastic pollution (because they mostly don't get recycled)? Don't they even think of the poor sods in the sweat shops whose derisory wages make it possible to knock out these tents for £20 a pop? And, most baffling of all, why not just pack it up and use it again? Twenty quid is twenty quid after all and they're supposed to be poor students.

It reeks of hypocrisy.
                You are correct they do not think of any of those things.

Going to a green festival is enough for you to be able to bang on and on about how green you are to anyone who is unfortunate enough to be in earshot.

It is virtue signaling of the worst kind

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Going to a green festival is enough for you to be able to bang on and on about how green you are to anyone who is unfortunate enough to be in earshot.

It is virtue signaling of the worst kind
                  To be fair, I thought Glastonbury was a music festival rather than a "green festival" per se.

(although I agree the waste left there is deplorable, and doubtless many attendees would claim to be eco-warriors and suchlike)
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Are there any "red" festivals, for those who don't give a tulip about the environment, and aren't afraid to say it?

Comment

Working...
                    X