• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Thread

Are you doing anything nice?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Are you doing anything nice?
    TFA, you?

Start of a two week holiday
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        TFA, you?
        TFA

Probably going to climb up Snowden tomorrow. 5am start. With baby bp, elder bp, and baby bp's friend.

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        Details!

Comment

Working tomorrow morning, and then there's Boris' legacy on Sunday, so that's a lock in from 5am.

Hilariously, the publicity for the event advises businesses:
          "Large crowds are expected to watch the events at certain points along the routes. If you own a shop, cafe or restaurant in the area, you may want to consider opening on the Sunday if you don’t normally, or have extra staff and stock to handle a potential increased volume of customers."

It doesn't care about businesses that can't get their staff in to do any work therefore can't open, and even if they could open they are not beside the route so are not going to get any of the large crowds stopping by.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Working tomorrow morning, and then there's Boris' legacy on Sunday, so that's a lock in from 5am.

Hilariously, the publicity for the event advises businesses:
            "Large crowds are expected to watch the events at certain points along the routes. If you own a shop, cafe or restaurant in the area, you may want to consider opening on the Sunday if you don’t normally, or have extra staff and stock to handle a potential increased volume of customers."

It doesn't care about businesses that can't get their staff in to do any work therefore can't open, and even if they could open they are not beside the route so are not going to get any of the large crowds stopping by.
            Make sure you wave to my brother.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Make sure you wave to my brother.

How will I know it's him?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                How will I know it's him?
                He'll be the one wearing body armour.

Comment

TFA. flying to Sofia, eating, drinking, sightseeing (while I can)...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    TFA. flying to Sofia, eating, drinking, sightseeing (while I can)...
                    That sounds ominous! Hopefully just pressure of work?

Comment

Working...
                    X