• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should the state let Michael Buerk die to save the NHS money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    1 fat person = 1 house, normal temp.
    MF has 3 houses...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      MF has 3 houses...

Yeah, but 2 of them are full of unsold sledges.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        if someone chooses what you call a 'poor' lifestyle, WTF business is it of the state to interfere?
        I think fat people are generally quite revolting to look at, and I laugh at them but it's up to them.....

disclaimer: I'm not so thin any more either but it's MY FLUCKING CHOICE
        I completely agree it is up to them - like smokers

But why should the state do it's best to keep you alive when you clearly have not taken that much interest in it...

Or something.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

But why should the state do it's best to keep you alive when you clearly have not taken that much interest in it...

Or something.
          Taking that logic to its logical conclusion, why should the state try and keep alive anyone unhealthy at all?
          Or does it have to be unhealthy by choice?

Motor-cyclists - fook 'em. They got on a bike. Get those organs sold to the USA.
          Soliders - well.... they had a choice.
          Children with diseases - parents fault, and they're the ones who suffer most. If you're not willing to see your child die then don;t have any.

Where do you draw that line?
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Or something.
            If obese/smokers/whatever are not treated, is that for all conditions or only some? And at what point are you too obese/smoke too much/etcetc does that treatment get withdrawn?

To save the human race it is clear something needs to change. Certainly fertility treatment must be totally outlawed.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              If obese/smokers/whatever are not treated, is that for all conditions or only some? And at what point are you too obese/smoke too much/etcetc does that treatment get withdrawn?

To save the human race it is clear something needs to change. Certainly fertility treatment must be totally outlawed.
              really? On what basis?
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Meanwhile in Germany, where they don't have the UK obesity crisis, they think differently.

Fat suit role play can tackle obesity prejudice in med students - Scimex

Getting medical students to role play with patients wearing 'fat suits’ can help destigmatise obesity, say German researchers, following a proof of concept study designed to test the suits as teaching aids. Stigma not only makes it harder for people who are obese to seek help for health issues, but health professionals may blame them for putting on too much weight and treat them less respectfully than other patients, they say. The students said the role play helped them empathise with the fat suit-wearing patients.

Comment

In a similar vein, what is it with child benefit? I don't understand why the state should pay me to raise a child, if I chose to have a child. I get that the intention is to stop children being raised in poverty but can't help feeling that it encourages the wrong behaviours. Why do people choose to have children when they can barely afford to feed themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad
                    Meanwhile in Germany, where they don't have the UK obesity crisis, they think differently.

Fat suit role play can tackle obesity prejudice in med students - Scimex

Getting medical students to role play with patients wearing 'fat suits’ can help destigmatise obesity, say German researchers, following a proof of concept study designed to test the suits as teaching aids. Stigma not only makes it harder for people who are obese to seek help for health issues, but health professionals may blame them for putting on too much weight and treat them less respectfully than other patients, they say. The students said the role play helped them empathise with the fat suit-wearing patients.
                    Five times?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Five times?
                      Trying to delete them now. There were 7. All duplicates at the same time.

I blame admin. Admin blames NF.

Comment

Working...
                      X