• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should the state let Michael Buerk die to save the NHS money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    How much do you think their healthcare is going to cost?

In 2012, it was £9,000 per person per year for lung cancer, and there are about 44,500 new diagnosis each year and 20,000 deaths.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      In 2012, it was £9,000 per person per year for lung cancer, and there are about 44,500 new diagnosis each year and 20,000 deaths.
      Thanks Lance.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

What is that in billions?
        And how much in billions is saved from the state pension?
        And factor in if they don’t die of lung cancer they’re still going die (that costs money), or even worse they live for 30 years as a dribbling alzheimer vegatable.....

I don’t have answer to these questions. But I do know the answer isn’t to refuse health care to fatties.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          What is that in billions?
          And how much in billions is saved from the state pension?
          And factor in if they don’t die of lung cancer they’re still going die (that costs money), or even worse they live for 30 years as a dribbling alzheimer vegatable.....

I don’t have answer to these questions. But I do know the answer isn’t to refuse health care to fatties.
          I’m not saying we refuse healthcare to those who are overweight, I’m still proposing that we eat old people.

Comment

Not at Slough hospital....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Not at Slough hospital....

Slough General. You need to know your hospitals before you start making them up!

Comment

Slough General. You need to know your hospitals before you start making them up!
                I visited there a few years ago. I think Ozzy Osbourne was there taking the standards down....

Comment

I’m not saying we refuse healthcare to those who are overweight, I’m still proposing that we eat old people.
                  You've still got Nando's...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    You've still got Nan...

No, I think we had her for Christmas dinner several years ago.

Comment

Wexham Park. Just saying...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X