• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone had a gig at CYBG and/or VM?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    I started in IT at NAG (National Australia Group - the parent of CB) in Leeds. But then...it was 1998 and I cant really remember what they were like...so just ignore this comment
    I was there a few years before that up at Chapel-Allerton. Then later down at Town Centre House. Working on OS/2 server software.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
      Can you share the joke!? You got me curious...
      I was PM for an IT Security project and had to get this unbelievably minor pre-req change approved via a Change Board meeting. Had been approved by all stakeholders and just needed the normal 'rubber stamp' of the board to ensure i had done everything and had the required approvals. Anyways, this fierce old woman kept raising objections for various unconnected or imagined issues.

While I was trying to remonstrate, she uttered the words "I hear what you're saying but I've been burned before".

I replied with "Really ? I thought they only did that when the drowning didn't work"

Bye bye NAG......
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        I was PM for an IT Security project and had to get this unbelievably minor pre-req change approved via a Change Board meeting. Had been approved by all stakeholders and just needed the normal 'rubber stamp' of the board to ensure i had done everything and had the required approvals. Anyways, this fierce old woman kept raising objections for various unconnected or imagined issues.

While I was trying to remonstrate, she uttered the words "I hear what you're saying but I've been burned before".

I replied with "Really ? I thought they only did that when the drowning didn't work"

Bye bye NAG......
        Post of the week! Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Fairly sure I posted it at the time, while waiting for the 'call' to come. Only surprise to me was that it wasn't an instant 'out the door' thing.

Not even sure if the Glasgow offices still exist. This was all back in the days before NAG dumped it off as a separate entity.

(For clarity, this doesn't even come remotely close to the worst thing I've said to senior client managers. Pre-lloyds, in the days of Halifax, then HBOS, I had a senior client employee mate who used to give me gigs just because I did say stuff like that.)
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            I know I should post this in Contracts, sorry. I just figure I'll get more traffic here.

Has anyone worked with Clydesdale Bank in the past, or Virgin Money? I am talking to someone about a potential role on the integration piece but won't have been to any of the office locations before starting, if I go for it. Anyone know much about the Gosforth site?
            Worked there for 5 months in 2008 when it had all gone tits up.
            Traffic is bad (for the NE). They have a multi storey car park but it was a bit of a ball ache getting a space.
            Nice food in the restaurant and there's a gym on site too.
            Agent was ripping me off royally, so left after they refused to up my rate.
            Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Don't believe you. You'll need to post piccies to provide evidence...

Post them to me privately so I can wee on the dodgy ones...
              FTFY
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I'm currently at Clysdale and boy am I looking forward to the Christmas party now.
                You will be inside IR35 for that
                Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  I was there a few years before that up at Chapel-Allerton. Then later down at Town Centre House. Working on OS/2 server software.
                  Chapel Allerton is where I was based..behind the YB branch
                  Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                    Chapel Allerton is where I was based..behind the YB branch
                    Small world!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Right up there with "f**k you, and the horse you rode in on" which went down well at RBS (wasn't me, just for the record).
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X