• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small claims court - defendant is threatening to counter claim if I dont accept

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like the other guy's having a laugh too.
    Carry on with your claim, is my advice; you'll have twice the entertainment for your money.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
      Discouraging crooks is a civic duty.

I'm team Candy.
      Crook would have charged in excess of going rate like say 1200 for 3 miles, but 120 is going rate (cheap actually).

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        So, what particular legal process is he going to use to bring this action ??

PS - If you could easily sue people for stress and wasted time, you'd never leave the court room...NLUK would have you in there daily.
        Im going to sue NLUK for defamation of characters and all the names he calls me......
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Im going to sue NLUK for defamation of characters and all the names he calls me......
          If I were you I’d check how much that costs - otherwise you’d have new thread about lawyers “overcharging” you

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Bit rich bearing in mind you got yourself in this situation by not expecting to be charged for bloke to spend time and his equipment to collect your car and then think it's a laugh to take him to small claims for it isn't it?

You wanted an laugh and now you want digging out of it?

You're both as stupid as each other.
            Honestly though NLUK and answer this honestly.

Next time you take you're Bentley in for a service, and they offer to give you a lift to the office then charge you £100 because its taken one of their employees time and petrol to take you will you pay it?

Or would you say **** me - if I you'd told me it was £100 I wouldn't have bothered?

BTW - a few months ago my car had gearbox problems. Garage showed up, stuck it on trailer job done. Free. Not unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              If I were you I’d check how much that costs - otherwise you’d have new thread about lawyers “overcharging” you

depends on how much I claim

Comment

1) Buy better cars.
                2) Don't expect owt for nowt.

HTH
                England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

depends on how much I claim
                  Given that you are allegedly regularly signing on for unemployment benefit - not much.

Comment

Honestly though NLUK and answer this honestly.

Next time you take you're Bentley in for a service, and they offer to give you a lift to the office then charge you £100 because its taken one of their employees time and petrol to take you will you pay it?

Or would you say **** me - if I you'd told me it was £100 I wouldn't have bothered?

BTW - a few months ago my car had gearbox problems. Garage showed up, stuck it on trailer job done. Free. Not unusual.
                    I guess there is a law that states that you need to inform a client how much a service will cost, before you provide the service... Not saying that in the described circumstances going to tribunal was the best/smartest decision, but if the garage wasn't clear about the cost of the service and make it look like it would be for free (since OP was gonna make repairs on their garage) I believe OP has grounds for a claim!
                    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

That's only possible if they aren't true.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X