Small claims court - defendant is threatening to counter claim if I dont accept Small claims court - defendant is threatening to counter claim if I dont accept
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 50

Ddraig Goch

psychocandy - scorchio!

Default Small claims court - defendant is threatening to counter claim if I dont accept

Long story - got into an argument a local garage who charged me £120 for towing my Mrs car in for repairs (it was 3 miles). My argument was he offered to collect and never said it would be chargeable let alone at a premium. Only found out when he presented the bill and wanted another £120 to bring it back (I got someone else to do for £40).

Anyway, the guy is a complete cock. Found out after hes got a bit of reputation for ripping people off like this. I had to pay to get the car back but complained.

Thought it'd be a laugh to take him to small claims court. Yeh its £120 so nothing but Mrs car/Mrs money so she was dead keen. And there was the entertainment value for £35 anyway.

So the guys responded - unless I accept his offer of £45 hes going to take it further and counter claim for his wasted time and the stress I caused. WTF?

Surely you can't do that. Defeats the whole object of the small claims court where the individual does not get steamrollered by superior legal resources and money.

After all, imagine taking Tesco or someone to small claims and them threatening to sue you to scare you off.

Anyone know what the rules are?
    Last edited by psychocandy; 7th August 2019 at 09:21.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

King of updation

TestMangler - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    Long story - got into an argument a local garage who charged me £120 for towing my Mrs car in for repairs (it was 3 miles). My argument was he offered to collect and never said it would be chargeable let alone at a premium. Only found out when he presented the bill and wanted another £120 to bring it back (I got someone else to do for £40).

Anyway, the guy is a complete cock. Found out after hes got a bit of reputation for ripping people off like this. I had to pay to get the car back but complained.

Thought it'd be a laugh to take him to small claims court. Yeh its £120 so nothing but Mrs car/Mrs money so she was dead keen. And there was the entertainment value for £35 anyway.

Do the guys responded - unless I accept his offer of £45 hes going to take it further and counter claim for his wasted time and the stress I caused?

Surely you can't do that. Defeats the whole object of the small claims court where the individual does not get steamrollered by superior legal resources and money.

After all, imagine taking Tesco or someone to small claims and them threatening to sue you to scare you off.

LOL.
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

Ddraig Goch

psychocandy - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    LOL.
    I queued in Waitrose at the till for 10 mins the other day - the stress caused and time I wasted must be due a claim.

In so many words for the garage - "Basically, I tried it on with the tow fee knowing full well I implied collection was free, the person complained, surprisingly they took me to court, now I'm going to threaten them to make them drop it."
    Last edited by psychocandy; 7th August 2019 at 09:24.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

Do the guys responded - unless I accept his offer of £45 hes going to take it further and counter claim for his wasted time and the stress I caused?

DYOR

Help! You've been sued in the small claims court? Don't panic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Pay up what you owe and stop harassing honest workers with legal threats you are incapable of carrying out without asking for help on the Internet

King of updation

TestMangler - scorchio!

I queued in Waitrose at the till for 10 mins the other day - the stress caused and time I wasted must be due a claim.

Basically, I tried it on with the tow fee knowing full well I implied collection was free, the person complained, surprisingly they took me to court, now I'm going to threaten them to make them drop it.
    So, what particular legal process is he going to use to bring this action ??

PS - If you could easily sue people for stress and wasted time, you'd never leave the court room...NLUK would have you in there daily.
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Anyway, the guy is a complete cock
    Bit rich bearing in mind you got yourself in this situation by not expecting to be charged for bloke to spend time and his equipment to collect your car and then think it's a laugh to take him to small claims for it isn't it?

You wanted an laugh and now you want digging out of it?

You're both as stupid as each other.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

In so many words for the garage - "Basically, I tried it on with the tow fee knowing full well I implied collection was free, the person complained, surprisingly they took me to court, now I'm going to threaten them to make them drop it."
    Waitrose should sue you for the cost of the security guard who follows you around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

More time posting than coding

wattaj 's job has never been outsourced

It's cost me more in wasted time to read this thread. Grow-up.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

Fingers like lightning

TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Bit rich bearing in mind you got yourself in this situation by not expecting to be charged for bloke to spend time and his equipment to collect your car and then think it's a laugh to take him to small claims for it isn't it?

You wanted an laugh and now you want digging out of it?

You're both as stupid as each other.
    Discouraging crooks is a civic duty.

I'm team Candy.