• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK, who was it...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, who was it...

British Airways passengers facing delays after IT failures - BBC News
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

How come BA is still in business, it's the 34862576324 time just this year there are cancellations due to IT problems...
    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
      How come BA is still in business, it's the 34862576324 time just this year there are cancellations due to IT problems...
      I give their SH business 12 months post the UK exit from the EU , what is left will be phased to Vueling.

LH, they have their captive business travelers.

LH long Haul, not Lufthansa

Comment

We've discussed this before. BA outsourced most of their IT to some Cowboys. No, hang on, it wasn't Cowboys...it was Indians...I knew I'd get there eventually...unlike most of their passengers...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          We've discussed this before. BA outsourced most of their IT to some Cowboys. No, hang on, it wasn't Cowboys...it was Indians...I knew I'd get there eventually...unlike most of their passengers...

my two penneth -

modern technology seems to allow far less control over the environment than earlier lower generations of software. Anyone who has used Powerhouse might agree with me.

why does my Ebay screen jump about after it has been painted?

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
            my two penneth -

modern technology seems to allow far less control over the environment than earlier lower generations of software. Anyone who has used Powerhouse might agree with me.

Very partially agreed! Why this is happening all the time with BA and not with all the other 4743764738482 (smaller/bigger/more or less popular/low cost/fancy) air companies?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
            "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
              my two penneth -

This...

Pretty much the state of IT today, I've recently been working on a "near sourcing" project where after two years of non-delivery a contractor team was assembled in the UK which completed the project in five months whereas two years prior produced zero.

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                Very partially agreed! Why this is happening all the time with BA and not with all the other 4743764738482 (smaller/bigger/more or less popular/low cost/fancy) air companies?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                BA went for the 'much cheapness' option. I was briefly there around the time they started shifting everything they could to the cheapest Indians they could find.
                I'd only choose BA over Ryanair, and that's faint praise indeed...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

BA went for the 'much cheapness' option. I was briefly there around the time they started shifting everything they could to the cheapest Indians they could find.
                  I'd only choose BA over Ryanair, and that's faint praise indeed...
                  I'm never flying Ryanair again, I can put up with tulipe service etc as I only do 2-2.5 hors max, but I'm never flying on a Boeing 737 again.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Once I saw the scale of the devastation, I did not venture out to the terminals yesterday! Made sure my badge was off when I went home, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X