• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public Sector Day Cap?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It also depends on the sector, they don't have one rate for all jobs. Developers get one, testers get another, analysts get another. In my line, the Big4 charge £2k+ for their good old boys.
    ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by TechRiskPartners View Post
      And nobody seems to know the rate card of Big4 and similar professionals as it appears.

If only there was someone who had worked at E&Y, Deloitte and PWC as a manager/senior manager who might know the answer to that.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If only there was someone who had worked at E&Y, Deloitte and PWC as a manager/senior manager who might know the answer to that.
        Cost of Employment + working expenses for the role in question + Management overheads + 40% markup is the starting point. It's not a rate card as such, although they will have standard costs available to the bid preparation teams, if only because many clients want a breakdown

However the bid and the manpower costs are not done as a list of individual items; its rather more complicated than that. So the stated detail and the actual bid price may be at some variance, buried in the documentation.

And if there are Partners on site, they get paid a whole other way so will effectively set their own income.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by TechRiskPartners View Post
          Public Sector Day Cap?
          Here you go....

Comment

It is interesting, isn't it, that the only people on here who mention what their rate is, are those who say they're on much greater than the average. You never hear from those who say they're on much less than the average.

Comment

Any other crimes you fancy fessing up to?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                It is interesting, isn't it, that the only people on here who mention what their rate is, are those who say they're on much greater than the average. You never hear from those who say they're on much less than the average.
                What’s the ‘average’?
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  What’s the ‘average’?
                  Exactly my question... Then I can tell you if I'm below or above average...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                  "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Any other crimes you fancy fessing up to?
                    No, I’ve never worked for them. I have done fairly well by coming in after them and fixing their messes. No, there’s someone else on here, if only their user ID was a hint at their company name...

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      What’s the ‘average’?
                      What I’m earning. More or less.

Comment

Working...
                      X