• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is your experiance contracting for tech startups?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    Mines so far:

Everything in a rush, no respect for quality
    Big egos
    Crazy hours
    No stability
    Pressure all the time

yours?
    Never worked for a startup, but you get all that at established big corps too.

My worry with start ups would be lack of cash, both low rates, and likelihood of not getting paid.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      Never worked for a startup, but you get all that at established big corps too.

My worry with start ups would be lack of cash, both low rates, and likelihood of not getting paid.
      Exempt (for the time) from the IR35 changes. Rate better than I got with bigCo. Insurance against client going bust.

95% WFH, friendly, innovative, new tech, happy to let me get on with it, zero red tape - lots of plusses.

Comment

Working...
      X