• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone been in the army?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    It’s usually nations that have never won anything that find that sport boring.....

How’s the haggis-eating championships?
    you tell me, you're a sports bore.
    i DGAF about any spectator sports, or the morons who watch them.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      WGAF about feckin Cricket??
      even more boring than darts, and football FFS
      Whilst my better half would agree with you wrt cricket and football, diss darts within her earshot and she'll be doing a Honey Badger job on you!! You have been warned

"Oooooo Gary Gary. Gary Gary Gary Gary Anderson" Sing along if you know the words
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Once we have united the island we could then let them have self government. Perhaps call it Ireland2.....
        Just so long as there is separation of church and state.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          you tell me, you're a sports bore.
          i DGAF about any spectator sports, or the morons who watch them.
          Neeeeeeeeerrrrrrddddddd!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            It’s usually nations that have never won anything that find that sport boring.....

How’s the haggis-eating championships?
            Think you're forgetting our multiple triumphs in the Elephant Polo World Cup.....
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Whilst my better half would agree with you wrt cricket and football, diss darts within her earshot and she'll be doing a Honey Badger job on you!! You have been warned

"Oooooo Gary Gary. Gary Gary Gary Gary Anderson" Sing along if you know the words
              Any relation of Bob Anderson, The Limestone Cowboy?

Comment

My brother was talking about this a few years ago when he left the army. ISTR it used to be that when a recruit fails a course he is backsquaded and if that happens 3 times (I think) he was just kicked out because he clearly was not able to do it but the MoD changed that so that if someone failed 3 times on the third time they automatically passed or something weird like that. If a recruit had the balls they could literally do nothing and eventually pass anyway.

It was because the MoD wanted more numbers and were prepared to drop the standards to do it. He decided he was no longer interested in what the army was becoming and left.
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                  My brother was talking about this a few years ago when he left the army. ISTR it used to be that when a recruit fails a course he is backsquaded and if that happens 3 times (I think) he was just kicked out because he clearly was not able to do it but the MoD changed that so that if someone failed 3 times on the third time they automatically passed or something weird like that. If a recruit had the balls they could literally do nothing and eventually pass anyway.

It was because the MoD wanted more numbers and were prepared to drop the standards to do it. He decided he was no longer interested in what the army was becoming and left.
                  So Spuddy might eventually make his transition from the NAAFI to the Catering Corps? Look out Aldershot!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    So Spuddy might eventually make his transition from the NAAFI to the Catering Corps? Look out Aldershot!

so its between you and someone with a pair of balls, guess who wins soft wad!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X