• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poop every other day to protect the environment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Sensible and humain? Why don't we just let India and Pakistan wipe each other of the planet? If the wind is blowing in the right direction we might get a fair chunk of China too.

Stop sending your £5 to water aid, that'll dehydrate quite a few in Africa, no water, no tulip.

Solved!
    I'm not sure where you are going with this one, people have attempted this in the past i.e. China and their single child policy. You can incentivise families to have either fewer or more kids.

No need to resort to genocide or euthanasia.

Comment

China's policy worked for them. Most 1st world countries the indigenous population is dropping (UK included). Family planning only works if you can be given a high percentage chance that all of your offspring will survive.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        There is no motivation to do that. And even when there is, it will be very hard to implement.

Thank God I will be dead by the time the planet gets really unpleasant.
        Nah, technology/innovation will solve the problem.

All that needs to happen is to have carbon capture on a massive scale. My idea is huge seaweed "farms" floating on the oceans - they couldd hoover up CO2 faster than we are producing it.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
          Nah, technology/innovation will solve the problem.

All that needs to happen is to have carbon capture on a massive scale. My idea is huge seaweed "farms" floating on the oceans - they couldd hoover up CO2 faster than we are producing it.
          The Sargasso is busy hoovering up plastic and a little busy right now.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            I'm not sure where you are going with this one, people have attempted this in the past i.e. China and their single child policy. You can incentivise families to have either fewer or more kids.

No need to resort to genocide or euthanasia.
            That doesn't and never has worked.

We've ****ed about with the equilibrium. Time to let natural selection have free reign again!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              There is no motivation to do that. And even when there is, it will be very hard to implement.

Thank God I will be dead by the time the planet gets really unpleasant.

Population is coming under control all on its own.
              Improving child mortality, education for women and contraception are all that is needed. And it’s working. Expect 11bn people by 2050 that will be stable, or slightly falling.

This is well documented.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                Population is coming under control all on its own.
                Improving child mortality, education for women and contraception are all that is needed. And it’s working. Expect 11bn people by 2050 that will be stable, or slightly falling.

This is well documented.
                That is too many people.

Comment

And they all want 'stuff'

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                    And they all want 'stuff'
                    And I'm not sharing mine!

Comment

I used to just poop on client time. Painful on bank holiday weekends. But pays dividends long term...

Comment

Working...
                      X