• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market (another take)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    why you coming back and looking for a pay rise?

You make it sound the place I left will still be the same place on my return.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      You make it sound the place I left will still be the same place on my return.
      It's much better since you left. Kindly stay the **** away!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Much better you say? When I left.. houses were cheaper, living costs manageable, fewer food banks, a functioning government, the list goes on and on.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Much better you say? When I left.. houses were cheaper, living costs manageable, fewer food banks, a functioning government, the list goes on and on.

Scotland were made to toe the line, we've voted to leave the EU.

Yep. Things are a lot better.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            It's much better since you left. Kindly stay the **** away!
            Ireland is an awful place. Definitely don't come here, scoots.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Ireland is an awful place. Definitely don't come here, scoots.
              you'd hate SE england, too, - try manchester or wales?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                you'd hate SE england, too, - try manchester or wales?
                He's only got the Thistle Hotel Heathrow to go by, so of course he does.

Comment

Totally blows me away they can make those offers with a straight face. After living costs it's practically slavery!
                  Give the pimp a break. He'd been given the brush-off all day, spotted your CV and needed a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Give the pimp a break. He'd been given the brush-off all day, spotted your CV and needed a laugh.
                    But good to see there's still a contract market for cockwombles.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      But good to see there's still a contract market for cockwombles.
                      Within a fairly narrow band of dimwittery though. With scootie, there's the insurance risk that he'll slip on his own dribble.

Comment

Working...
                      X