Wisdom teeth removal Wisdom teeth removal - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 46

Contractor Among Contractors

PerfectStorm 's job has never been outsourced

Get them all done in one go - and local anaesthetic. You'll be out in an hour.

You might not want to get both sides done at once though as it can cause people to bite their tongue/cheek unknowingly so they may ask you to do 2 trips.

Don't worry about threats of losing nerve sensation - that's just arse covering.

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post

You might not want to get both sides done at once though as it can cause people to bite their tongue/cheek unknowingly so they may ask you to do 2 trips.

Don't worry about threats of losing nerve sensation - that's just arse covering.
    You don't like him either?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post

The teeth will be much happier to have a NotAllThere removed from them in one go.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

Super poster

ladymuck is a fount of knowledge

Can't offer any help. Have only had two root canals, one NHS and one private. Come back to me when you need advice on that

Super poster

Scruff is NOT a disguised employee

I had two (upper and lower) removed in April. Advised by my friends the dentist and maxillofacial surgeon (in SA) to have them done, by a maxillofacial surgeon under General anesthesia. Having taken their counsel, I booked it in (private medical is a blessing).

Great advice.

I had no swelling, not a drop of blood and next day ate a rump steak and was able to wear a full face crash helmet.

The secret is a maxillofacial surgeon. I would not have it done under local, in the chair, in case of any complications.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

More fingers than teeth

BlasterBates - scorchio!

I would say there is no rush. I had problems with impacted wisdom teeth but they caused jaw pain and gum infections. If you are going to have them out then I would do it one session.
    I'm alright Jack

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    My dentist thinks it would be a good idea to remove my (impacted) wisdom teeth. I've got three, but they're clearly not being used and may well cause problems when I'm older.

The question is whether to have all three done at once, or have one side done, then the other side later.

Or should I get a second opinion from another dentist? They're not causing me any problems now, and never have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    No tulip?
    Triggerednare strikes again.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Some things in Moderation

cojak is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    I had mine done at 17 and it was far from trivial. They had to chip away part of the bone to get at them. I still have a 'pocket' in my gum where stuff gets stuck where, I assume, the surgeon got a bit scalpel happy. My face was ridiculously swollen and my cheeks, jaw and neck were black with bruising. It certainly took much longer than a day or two to recover. Oh, and you come round from the anesthetic with tampons sticking out your mouth.

So, if they're not causing issues, I'd say leave well alone.
    OTOH I had an old fashioned dentist who took one look at my X-rays, stuck me with a needle, cracked both teeth with something resembling a nut cracker instrument of torture and pulled them out then and there. I was out of the dentist in an hour.

And work gave me 2 days sick because it was going to be ‘difficult’

Contractor Among Contractors

PhiltheGreek - scorchio!

Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.

- Warren Buffet, iirc

Super poster

DoctorStrangelove is a fount of knowledge

Had two lower mesial impacted out in hospital under GA in the 70s.

They were very decayed & the dentist wouldn't take them out in the surgery.

Swang the lead and had a fortnight off coz of the trauma.

One upper eventually decided to erupt and started chewing on the gum where the lower would have been.

That was taken out by the dentist, it had erupted so far that it was trivial.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12th August 2019 at 18:42.
    When the fun stops, STOP.