• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wisdom teeth removal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you should only do one side at the time, you won't be able to speak or eat for a couple of day sif you do both sides at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      you should only do one side at the time, you won't be able to speak or eat for a couple of day sif you do both sides at the same time
      So thats the option Mrs NAT wants.....

Comment

I was suppose to have all mine removed at 20.

They were suppose to remove all 4 but in the end they just removed the impacted one causing all the trouble on the bottom.

Had it done under local and the dentist struggled to get it out. Lots of drilling and pulling.

I had a numb part on my chin for 3 months and was warned it could be permanent. Luckily it wasn't but I decided to leave the rest alone unless they started causing issues. (My dentists have agreed with me. )

Due to where the nerves are on your bottom jaw you could end up with weird parts of your lower face numb. With the upper jaw they could go though into your sinuses. This is not necessarily the dentist's fault or yours but due to the shape of your roots.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Had an impacted one removed back in 2002, at the Royal Berkshire Hospital as they thought it would be "tricky" to get out. Well....

Nurse and dentist/torturer had to almost sit on me to get the bugger out. I remember the loud "crack" when they split it.

The swelling was v bad and caused nerve damage which I still have to this day (slight tingling sensation on bottom teeth). Remember coming out of the op (was only local anaesthetic ) and going downstairs nearly passing out due to blood loss.

One of the worst experiences I've ever had. Oddly I have another one that has not pushed through the gum line. The f**ker can stay there.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

So what did you decide in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              So what did you decide in the end?
              To get a few quotes. And a second opinion.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Well?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Keep 'em voting until you get the answer you want, eh?

Now, where have I seen that behavior before...
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                  X