Wisdom teeth removal Wisdom teeth removal
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 46

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Default Wisdom teeth removal

My dentist thinks it would be a good idea to remove my (impacted) wisdom teeth. I've got three, but they're clearly not being used and may well cause problems when I'm older.

The question is whether to have all three done at once, or have one side done, then the other side later.

Or should I get a second opinion from another dentist? They're not causing me any problems now, and never have.
    Duct tape holds the universe together. In quantum chromodynamics it's known as the strong force. You get it in different colours, but metallic grey is best.

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    My dentist thinks it would be a good idea to remove my (impacted) wisdom teeth. I've got three, but they're clearly not being used and may well cause problems when I'm older.

The question is whether to have all three done at once, or have one side done, then the other side later.

Or should I get a second opinion from another dentist? They're not causing me any problems now, and never have.
    No tulip?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

For quick release use an A380.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Fingers like lightning

GhostofTarbera 's job has never been outsourced

Does he need new tyres on his Bentley?

Just imagine you quoting a client for additional nice to have work

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Nervous Newbie

fibio has no reputation

Get a second opinion. All surgeries have risks and this seems like an unnecessary one if they're not causing you problems.

TPAFKAk2p2

mudskipper is always on top

I had mine done at 17 and it was far from trivial. They had to chip away part of the bone to get at them. I still have a 'pocket' in my gum where stuff gets stuck where, I assume, the surgeon got a bit scalpel happy. My face was ridiculously swollen and my cheeks, jaw and neck were black with bruising. It certainly took much longer than a day or two to recover. Oh, and you come round from the anesthetic with tampons sticking out your mouth.

So, if they're not causing issues, I'd say leave well alone.

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Looking at this, get them out ASAP

Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    I had mine done at 17 and it was far from trivial. They had to chip away part of the bone to get at them. I still have a 'pocket' in my gum where stuff gets stuck where, I assume, the surgeon got a bit scalpel happy. My face was ridiculously swollen and my cheeks, jaw and neck were black with bruising. It certainly took much longer than a day or two to recover. Oh, and you come round from the anesthetic with tampons sticking out your mouth.
    Blimey. I must have had my wisdom teeth out at least 3 times on lads holidays in the past...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

I was recommended same at 21. My mother talked me out of it, thank god. That is a lot of work and you will really suffer.

Never had an issue 35 years later.

Personally I would change dentist too.

I am sure a few forum members would like to see all the mods go through this.....

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I was recommended same at 21. My mother talked me out of it, thank god. That is a lot of work and you will really suffer.

Never had an issue 35 years later.

Personally I would change dentist too.

I am sure a few forum members would like to see all the mods go through this.....
    Not all of the mods.
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.