• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wisdom teeth removal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisdom teeth removal

My dentist thinks it would be a good idea to remove my (impacted) wisdom teeth. I've got three, but they're clearly not being used and may well cause problems when I'm older.

The question is whether to have all three done at once, or have one side done, then the other side later.

Or should I get a second opinion from another dentist? They're not causing me any problems now, and never have.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    My dentist thinks it would be a good idea to remove my (impacted) wisdom teeth. I've got three, but they're clearly not being used and may well cause problems when I'm older.

The question is whether to have all three done at once, or have one side done, then the other side later.

Or should I get a second opinion from another dentist? They're not causing me any problems now, and never have.
    No tulip?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

For quick release use an A380.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Does he need new tyres on his Bentley?

Just imagine you quoting a client for additional nice to have work

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Get a second opinion. All surgeries have risks and this seems like an unnecessary one if they're not causing you problems.

Comment

I had mine done at 17 and it was far from trivial. They had to chip away part of the bone to get at them. I still have a 'pocket' in my gum where stuff gets stuck where, I assume, the surgeon got a bit scalpel happy. My face was ridiculously swollen and my cheeks, jaw and neck were black with bruising. It certainly took much longer than a day or two to recover. Oh, and you come round from the anesthetic with tampons sticking out your mouth.

So, if they're not causing issues, I'd say leave well alone.

Comment

Looking at this, get them out ASAP

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I had mine done at 17 and it was far from trivial. They had to chip away part of the bone to get at them. I still have a 'pocket' in my gum where stuff gets stuck where, I assume, the surgeon got a bit scalpel happy. My face was ridiculously swollen and my cheeks, jaw and neck were black with bruising. It certainly took much longer than a day or two to recover. Oh, and you come round from the anesthetic with tampons sticking out your mouth.
                Blimey. I must have had my wisdom teeth out at least 3 times on lads holidays in the past...
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I was recommended same at 21. My mother talked me out of it, thank god. That is a lot of work and you will really suffer.

Never had an issue 35 years later.

Personally I would change dentist too.

I am sure a few forum members would like to see all the mods go through this.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I was recommended same at 21. My mother talked me out of it, thank god. That is a lot of work and you will really suffer.

Never had an issue 35 years later.

Personally I would change dentist too.

I am sure a few forum members would like to see all the mods go through this.....
                    Not all of the mods.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X