• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily fail unsure whether woman is denied Swiss or Swedish nationality.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily fail unsure whether woman is denied Swiss or Swedish nationality.

Iraqi woman answered 'uh' over 200 times in Swiss citizenship test | Daily Mail Online

By SOPHIE TANNO FOR MAILONLINE

Iraqi woman fails Swiss citizenship test after answering ‘uh’ over 200 times despite living there for 20 years and claiming to speak German Iraqi woman denied Swedish citizenship after answering 'uh' numerous times She was denied passport despite having lived in the country for over 20 years. She is socially aware but lacks German language skills, according to local media Judge ruled she must improve her grasp of German before she can reapply

An Iraqi woman has been denied Swedish citizenship after answering 'uh' over 200 times during her citizenship test.

The woman was denied citizenship in the canton of Schwyz, where she lives with her husband. While her partner was granted citizenship after two attempts, her application for a Swiss passport has been denied.
    The woman, who is described as well-integrated, and has lived in Ingenbohl the canton of Schwyz for 20 years.

She has also been known to engage in Samaritan charity work in her local community. She has the necessary social and political knowledge to obtain citizenship, according to local media. However, her German language skills appear to be lacking as tape recordings from her citizenship interview reveal the woman answered 'uh' a total of 204 times, Swedish publication Blick.ch reported.

After being rejected by her local canton, the woman took her case to the Swiss Federal Court, claiming the recordings of the interview were taken without her consent.

The federal judge said that the language diploma she holds from the Vocational Training Centre Pfäffikon SZ was not sufficient, and ruled that she must improve her grasp of the Swedish language before she can reapply for citizenship.

Candidates for Swedish citizenship must demonstrate at least an A2 level writing ability (elementary) and B1 (intermediate) spoken skills under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

She should go the the dentist. Swedish dentists are ethical. Swiss dentists will rip your teeth out at the first opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      She should go the the dentist. Swedish dentists are ethical. Swiss dentists will rip your teeth out at the first opportunity.
      Only those that deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrilloPad again."

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I was going to say "Because NAT couldn't manage it as usual!" but neither can I!

people do the necessary!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to vetran again."

WTF!

Btw, they've fixed a bit. But the Swedish passport is still showing.

Comment

yeh, WTF is that all about? who are you supposed to give it to, mods?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                yeh, WTF is that all about? who are you supposed to give it to, mods?
                "You must spread some Reputation around before taking it away from BR14 again"

Comment

I couldn't +VE BP so negged MF instead
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    I couldn't +VE BP so negged MF instead
                    Can't say fairer than that.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X