• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

soft on crime, soft on the causes of crime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soft on crime, soft on the causes of crime

Public overwhelmingly backs greater stop and search powers for police in new YouGov poll | Daily Mail Online

Public overwhelmingly backs greater stop and search powers for police in new YouGov poll

• YouGov found 74 percent of voters support the decision to roll back restrictions
    • It was announced on Sunday as part of new Government's 'crackdown' on crime
    • Voters from all parties supported it, led by Tory backers who were 93% in favour
    • The polling agency found 90% of people who backed Leave in the Brexit referendum supported the decision, compared to 65% of Remainers.People aged 25-49 were 71% in favour versus 15% against, while among over-65s the split was 89% to 6%.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Papers please!

Screw that. Bend over...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Papers please!

Screw that. Bend over...

didn't know the gestapo were still operating.

Silence lifted: The untold stories of rape during the Holocaust - CNN.com
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I bet they want it round Slough. ‎AkzoNobel employees are advised to walk into the town centre in pairs.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I bet they want it round Slough. ‎AkzoNobel employees are advised to walk into the town centre in pairs.
          Try working for Lloyds TSB in Wythenshawe!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Wythy Social Services was far worse, take my word. Having said that, parked the jag every day in the Multistory and it never got touched.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
              Wythy Social Services was far worse, take my word. Having said that, parked the jag every day in the Multistory and it never got touched.
              It was one of the few sites where jeans and T-shirts were actively advised - camouflage!

A few of used to park in the secure area of the multi-story.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Try working for Lloyds TSB in Wythenshawe!
                Is that the one where the police search you for offensive weapons? If you have none they give you a few....

Comment

Yeah I worked there for about 12 months..

also parked in the secure area of the multi story

never felt threatened but you just felt sorry for some of the people you see wandering through the shopping centre - teens with 3 kids and a black eye etc....

some of em never stood a chance really.

Comment

Part of my role at SS was to implement a chronology logger for the Social workers. I was given a sample to work from. Not nice reading.

Comment

Working...
                    X