• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loan Charge on BBC front page : the general version

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manic View Post
    Sorry BP, with the exception of those who were required by their employment contract, i suspect that the sole motivation was tax avoidance.The question is why else would anyone do it? (use a Loan arrangement).
    To get round IR35.

And you can suspect all you want. There has been research done and it is NOT what you suspect. Sorry for bringing facts into a discussion in general.

Another armchair Chunt condoning suicide. I hope you die a slow and painful death. Go on - do the planet a favour.

That is 3 of them. Any more?

Comment

“To get around IR35” is the same as tax avoidance.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        To get round IR35.

And you can suspect all you want. There has been research done and it is NOT what you suspect. Sorry for bringing facts into a discussion in general.

Another armchair Chunt condoning suicide. I hope you die a slow and painful death. Go on - do the planet a favour.

Isn't IR35 also about tax though? And maximising income?

This is not a judgement call, I personally maximise my income and pay as little tax as possible. But the point of loans is to avoid tax, and surely arguing otherwise is just silly.

(And yes, I 100% agree they should not be chased for the tax etc as HMRC effectively condoned them for years, but that is a separate conversation to the simple fact that loans were used to reduce tax. Same way I manipulate my contracts to be outside IR35 to avoid tax.)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          “To get around IR35” is the same as tax avoidance.
          You should go for a drive. Hopefully this time your crash will be fatal.

Comment

you get a wasp up your arse on the cycle in this morning Brillo???

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              I assumed that was WTFH and his air pistol.....

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                “Psychological projection is a defence mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It incorporates blame shifting.”

Psychological projection - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  “Psychological projection is a defence mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It incorporates blame shifting.”

Psychological projection - Wikipedia
                  WTF??

Comment

To get round IR35.

Wow thanks for that, not sure I was condoning suicide and nor was I criticising avoidance but don't let that get in the way of your strange attitude.

Comment

This isn't healthy, Brillo. Take a break, matey.

Comment

Working...
                      X