• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loan Charge on BBC front page : the general version

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If some poor immigrants who could not have possibly known about crazy UK tax laws were scammed by “scheme providers” then I would believe they had no clue.

Any UK tax payer who paid tax at 40% level would know full well what is the high rate of tax in this country - you can’t fooking miss it. When I first started working in this country I got charged 40% as “emergency tax rate” - I have learnt about it even before I earned enough to pay it, you can’t miss 40% tax if you ever earned enough to pay it.

How many of these “scheme users” did not know about 40-45% tax? It can’t be anything other than close to 0%.

Therefore they all knew what they were doing - engaging in “tax avoidance” scheme AKA fooking over the taxpayers.

If they had any brains they would at the very least obtain Certificate of Tax Deposit to hedge against obvious risk of being caught.

So in addition to being very greedy they were also very stupid.

P.S. They are double morons for agreeing to pay percentage based fee - if it was all legal, why did it require payment of an effective tax? It should have been fixed cost legal opinion if it was legit in the first place.
    Last edited by AtW; 25 August 2019, 19:47.

Comment

P.P.S. And accepting being paid in “loans”, that so obviously stay on the books and therefore easy target, how moronic is that?

How can this stupidity be explained by other than greed???

Comment

And this is what the BBC should have written - as a public service to educate people.

Comment

It looks like some schemes are now using cryptocurrencies instead of loans.

Comment

Working...
          X