• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friend Request

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friend Request

So this has never happened to me before, and I hope the person who did it won't be offended, but I just got a friend request on CUK. Is that even a thing? What does it mean?

Does it mean I can't block his posts (if it's a him and not a her) and have to read them all? Does it mean I have to tell him all my deepest, darkest secrets? Does it mean he gets my email address? Does it mean I get special notification somewhere when he does something? Does it mean he knows who I've blocked?

Does anyone here even HAVE friends? Doesn't participation here mean you are incapable of friendship?

Does he even know what I think about Brexit, and do I know what he thinks? I mean, isn't that the great religious divide that partitions all of society today, and never the twain shall meet?

I'm strongly tempted to accept so I can find out what happens. It would be nice to think I have a friend somewhere, even if I'll probably never meet him/her. But then, are we turning this into mumsnet or something by having 'friends' here? That's a scary thought. Whose idea was it to add 'friend' status to this forum, and why did they do it?

Am I too cretinous to have friends? You don't have to answer that, but I can probably guess some people who will....

Good grief, really?

That was a 'thing' about 8 years ago. I have a few friends (shown by '+' against their names) but many have wandered off CUK and have real lives.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Good grief, really?

That was a 'thing' about 8 years ago. I have a few friends (shown by '+' against their names) but many have wandered off CUK and have real lives.
      You were my friend once, then Brexit tore us apart...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        You were my friend once, then Brexit tore us apart...
        Only in the Brexit Forum, Dear...

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I only read the title and who the poster was so must just be made up. HTH

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
            So this has never happened to me before
            Me neither, but I keep trying....

Comment

I have 9 friends.

The only thing that appears to happen is that their crap appears in 'my activity' as well as my own

Comment

I had a friend once. But apparently, if you don't feed them, spiders die.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I have 9 friends.

The only thing that appears to happen is that their crap appears in 'my activity' as well as my own
                  Thank God for my high quality contributions.

Comment

I have one friend.

They buggered off after about 10 posts.

Comment

Working...
                    X