Just booked myself a hotel in central London for the last week of October Just booked myself a hotel in central London for the last week of October - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 27 of 27

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    If you’re flying to the EU, make sure you’ve got your visa. FoM ends for Brits on 31st October.
    The EU haven't planned for no-deal. There's no way to buy our visas. So while you slag off our (elected) PM, remember your (un-elected) President isn't doing much better.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Super poster

meridian - scorchio!

Default Just booked myself a hotel in central London for the last week of October

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    The EU haven't planned for no-deal. There's no way to buy our visas. So while you slag off our (elected) PM, remember your (un-elected) President isn't doing much better.
    Oh, they’ve planned for it all right - that’s why you can’t buy visas, it’s a deliberate policy to keep you out ;-)

My Presidents all happen to be elected. The EU one was elected by the U.K. Prime Minister as a member of the Council on our behalf.

Edit: and approved by MEPs, also on our behalf....
    Last edited by meridian; 19th August 2019 at 18:01.

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Oh, they’ve planned for it all right - that’s why you can’t buy visas, it’s a deliberate policy to keep you out ;-)

My Presidents all happen to be elected. The EU one was elected by the U.K. Prime Minister as a member of the Council on our behalf.
    it’s a deliberate policy to keep you out ;-)
    Probably the first sensible thing the EU have ever done...

The EU one was elected by the U.K. Prime Minister as a member of the Council on our behalf.
    Not quite. She had no competition, yet still only scraped through the vote of MEPs. Mrs May may have nominated her (I hope to God she didn't, because this mad loon looks like she'll make Juncker seem totally reasonable, but that's a discussion for another day).
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Super poster

meridian - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Probably the first sensible thing the EU have ever done...

Not quite. She had no competition, yet still only scraped through the vote of MEPs. Mrs May may have nominated her (I hope to God she didn't, because this mad loon looks like she'll make Juncker seem totally reasonable, but that's a discussion for another day).
    Only scraped through = elected. And can still be rejected (democratically) when the Commission is determined.

HTH, BIDI. it seems like you have a pathological desire not to understand the process.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Maybe Scoots won't be allowed back in the plane to Germany. That would serve you right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Godlike

BR14 is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Maybe Scoots won't be allowed back in the plane to Germany. That would serve you right.
    that's ok, - we'll drop him in france from a lysander with a silly hat and a polis uniform
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    that's ok, - we'll drop him in france from a lysander with a silly hat and a polis uniform
    The Lysander parts are now made in Germany and stuck in customs. Meanwhile the Thistle Hotel Heathrow has spontaneously combusted in disgust and scoots escaped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018