Just booked myself a hotel in central London for the last week of October Just booked myself a hotel in central London for the last week of October - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    8,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    If you’re flying to the EU, make sure you’ve got your visa. FoM ends for Brits on 31st October.
    The EU haven't planned for no-deal. There's no way to buy our visas. So while you slag off our (elected) PM, remember your (un-elected) President isn't doing much better.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  2. #22

    Super poster

    meridian - scorchio!

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Just booked myself a hotel in central London for the last week of October

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    The EU haven't planned for no-deal. There's no way to buy our visas. So while you slag off our (elected) PM, remember your (un-elected) President isn't doing much better.
    Oh, they’ve planned for it all right - that’s why you can’t buy visas, it’s a deliberate policy to keep you out ;-)

    My Presidents all happen to be elected. The EU one was elected by the U.K. Prime Minister as a member of the Council on our behalf.

    Edit: and approved by MEPs, also on our behalf....
    Last edited by meridian; 19th August 2019 at 18:01.

  3. #23

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    8,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Oh, they’ve planned for it all right - that’s why you can’t buy visas, it’s a deliberate policy to keep you out ;-)

    My Presidents all happen to be elected. The EU one was elected by the U.K. Prime Minister as a member of the Council on our behalf.
    it’s a deliberate policy to keep you out ;-)
    Probably the first sensible thing the EU have ever done...

    The EU one was elected by the U.K. Prime Minister as a member of the Council on our behalf.
    Not quite. She had no competition, yet still only scraped through the vote of MEPs. Mrs May may have nominated her (I hope to God she didn't, because this mad loon looks like she'll make Juncker seem totally reasonable, but that's a discussion for another day).
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  4. #24

    Super poster

    meridian - scorchio!

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Probably the first sensible thing the EU have ever done...



    Not quite. She had no competition, yet still only scraped through the vote of MEPs. Mrs May may have nominated her (I hope to God she didn't, because this mad loon looks like she'll make Juncker seem totally reasonable, but that's a discussion for another day).
    Only scraped through = elected. And can still be rejected (democratically) when the Commission is determined.

    HTH, BIDI. it seems like you have a pathological desire not to understand the process.

  5. #25

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,115

    Default

    Maybe Scoots won't be allowed back in the plane to Germany. That would serve you right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  6. #26

    Godlike

    BR14 is always on top

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    7,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Maybe Scoots won't be allowed back in the plane to Germany. That would serve you right.
    that's ok, - we'll drop him in france from a lysander with a silly hat and a polis uniform
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  7. #27

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    that's ok, - we'll drop him in france from a lysander with a silly hat and a polis uniform
    The Lysander parts are now made in Germany and stuck in customs. Meanwhile the Thistle Hotel Heathrow has spontaneously combusted in disgust and scoots escaped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •