• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just booked myself a hotel in central London for the last week of October

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    If you’re flying to the EU, make sure you’ve got your visa. FoM ends for Brits on 31st October.
    The EU haven't planned for no-deal. There's no way to buy our visas. So while you slag off our (elected) PM, remember your (un-elected) President isn't doing much better.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Just booked myself a hotel in central London for the last week of October

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      The EU haven't planned for no-deal. There's no way to buy our visas. So while you slag off our (elected) PM, remember your (un-elected) President isn't doing much better.
      Oh, they’ve planned for it all right - that’s why you can’t buy visas, it’s a deliberate policy to keep you out ;-)

My Presidents all happen to be elected. The EU one was elected by the U.K. Prime Minister as a member of the Council on our behalf.

Edit: and approved by MEPs, also on our behalf....
      Last edited by meridian; 19 August 2019, 18:01.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Oh, they’ve planned for it all right - that’s why you can’t buy visas, it’s a deliberate policy to keep you out ;-)

My Presidents all happen to be elected. The EU one was elected by the U.K. Prime Minister as a member of the Council on our behalf.
        it’s a deliberate policy to keep you out ;-)
        Probably the first sensible thing the EU have ever done...

The EU one was elected by the U.K. Prime Minister as a member of the Council on our behalf.
        Not quite. She had no competition, yet still only scraped through the vote of MEPs. Mrs May may have nominated her (I hope to God she didn't, because this mad loon looks like she'll make Juncker seem totally reasonable, but that's a discussion for another day).
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Probably the first sensible thing the EU have ever done...

Not quite. She had no competition, yet still only scraped through the vote of MEPs. Mrs May may have nominated her (I hope to God she didn't, because this mad loon looks like she'll make Juncker seem totally reasonable, but that's a discussion for another day).
          Only scraped through = elected. And can still be rejected (democratically) when the Commission is determined.

HTH, BIDI. it seems like you have a pathological desire not to understand the process.

Comment

Maybe Scoots won't be allowed back in the plane to Germany. That would serve you right.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Maybe Scoots won't be allowed back in the plane to Germany. That would serve you right.
              that's ok, - we'll drop him in france from a lysander with a silly hat and a polis uniform

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                that's ok, - we'll drop him in france from a lysander with a silly hat and a polis uniform
                The Lysander parts are now made in Germany and stuck in customs. Meanwhile the Thistle Hotel Heathrow has spontaneously combusted in disgust and scoots escaped.

Comment

Working...
                X