• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aron Banks wishes 16 year old girl to die

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    What's wrong with thinking "That Aaron Banks, he appears to be rather an unpleasant fellow, oh well."?
    Because we have a duty to stand up to bullies and fascists. Was you one of the kids at school who allowed the bullies to pick on others, or did you stand up to the bullies and put them in their place?

You don't need to answer, your attitude is clear - you wouldn't have the balls to stand up against a bully
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Because we have a duty to stand up to bullies and fascists. Was you one of the kids at school who allowed the bullies to pick on others, or did you stand up to the bullies and put them in their place?

You don't need to answer, your attitude is clear - you wouldn't have the balls to stand up against a bully
      I doubt Ziggy would help you if you were being bullied.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I doubt Ziggy would help you if you were being bullied.
        I suspect he would. But he wouldn’t be helping Whorty.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Yes we do. However would you care to explain just what it is that Arron Banks has done that makes him a "Fascist" and a "Bully"? Or are you just jumping on the outrage bus because it's a free ride?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

My thoughts exactly Some of us believe "getting involved" is the right thing for society, others will do their best to keep their head down and walk on by. Personally, I've never had any doubt which side I want to be on - whether in real life or online.

Yes we do. However would you care to explain just what it is that Arron Banks has done that makes him a "Fascist" and a "Bully"? Or are you just jumping on the outrage bus because it's a free ride?
            I think making a comment in public, on a platform which is likely to be seen by the victim, that is quite clear insinuating he believes it would be the best if she were to have an accident is pretty bullying type behaviour. Again, to be frank, I'm pretty aghast that people can't see it and, again, it makes me wonder about your personality in real life. I mean, this is a young girl - not some worldly lifelong sailor (Not that it would be much better, but her being a young girl does make it worse). And joke or not, it's still bullying in exactly the same way as making any mean "joke" is.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              My thoughts exactly Some of us believe "getting involved" is the right thing for society, others will do their best to keep their head down and walk on by. Personally, I've never had any doubt which side I want to be on - whether in real life or online.

I think making a comment in public, on a platform which is likely to be seen by the victim, that is quite clear insinuating he believes it would be the best if she were to have an accident is pretty bullying type behaviour. Again, to be frank, I'm pretty aghast that people can't see it and, again, it makes me wonder about your personality in real life. I mean, this is a young girl - not some worldly lifelong sailor (Not that it would be much better, but her being a young girl does make it worse). And joke or not, it's still bullying in exactly the same way as making any mean "joke" is.
              Don't worry about my personality, worry about your own need to be seen to be outraged.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Don't worry about my personality, worry about your own need to be seen to be outraged.
                I find it absolutely fascinating how your only comment on this whole matter is to attack people for having an opinion about it. I answered your question, but unsurprisingly and once again, you failed to address it.

Disagree by all means, others have, but to attack the very fact that people have expressed an opinion is just bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  That's not what he said.
                  Doesn't matter. People hate him for political reasons so they'll take the interpretation that suits them, report it as if he actually said it, and then proclaim how evil he is. That which is not serious will be made serious, that which is not intended to be taken literally will be taken literally.

That's the way Twitter works, how politics works, and how in fact most of the Internet works now. People on both sides of any given issue will do it to people on the other side. And those who know that it isn't what was said will only be hardened in their views as they see the other side behaving despicably. And the only people persuaded by all this are the people who already didn't like him, anyone who is fair-minded would say, 'Well, that's not the best thing in the world to send out but he didn't say what they are saying.'

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                    Doesn't matter. People hate him for political reasons so they'll take the interpretation that suits them, report it as if he actually said it, and then proclaim how evil he is. That which is not serious will be made serious, that which is not intended to be taken literally will be taken literally.

That's the way Twitter works, how politics works, and how in fact most of the Internet works now. People on both sides of any given issue will do it to people on the other side. And those who know that it isn't what was said will only be hardened in their views as they see the other side behaving despicably. And the only people persuaded by all this are the people who already didn't like him, anyone who is fair-minded would say, 'Well, that's not the best thing in the world to send out but he didn't say what they are saying.'
                    So how would you interpret it? I agree, saying he wishes her dead is a little hyperbolic (though, frankly, not out of the realms of probability) but he's definitely wishing her some serious life-endangering misfortune and I don't think anybody here would react well had it been their son or daughter he was saying it about.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                      I find it absolutely fascinating how your only comment on this whole matter is to attack people for having an opinion about it. I answered your question, but unsurprisingly and once again, you failed to address it.

Disagree by all means, others have, but to attack the very fact that people have expressed an opinion is just bizarre.
                      You have expressed outrage. That isn't an opinion, it is an emotion. Not only that, you feel the need to let other people see how outraged you are. Learn to keep your emotions in check, don't let them rule your life.

Failing that carry on carrying on, it's only an internet forum after all.

Comment

Working...
                      X