• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aron Banks wishes 16 year old girl to die

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Your professional view as a UKIP member?q
    As a parent and a 50-something bloke with a bit of common sense.

World leaders hanging on an abused kid's every word because of their confirmation bias and the desire to be seen as "woke" is off the scale mental.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      He might have meant anything but he did not actually say he wishes she was dead.
      I don't even see where he said he wished for a 'freak yachting accident.'

Greta Thunberg is pulling another political stunt. She's being encouraged by her parents, Caroline Lucas, and others to talk about 'the science' as if she has any clue what the science is. We have a sixteen-year-old girl with virtually nil experience, no real scientific background, no economic background, etc, being used by others to push a political agenda based on science she doesn't know, with economic and political ramifications she doesn't understand, driven by the fears for the future that others are using to push their political agendas. That's what all this is about.

And Aron Banks made a joke about this kind of political stunt could come with a cost. It was tacky. He shouldn't have done it. If he were a decent person, he probably wouldn't have, although the best people mess up sometimes. He's probably not a decent person.

But he didn't say he wishes she would die, or that he wishes she would have a yachting accident. Anyone who claims he did say those things is either stupid or dishonest. He didn't threaten her, and Caroline Lucas reporting him shows that she also is stupid or dishonest. I'm willing to concede she might be both. The BBC putting this on the front page of their website puts them in the same category.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        You have expressed outrage. That isn't an opinion, it is an emotion. Not only that, you feel the need to let other people see how outraged you are. Learn to keep your emotions in check, don't let them rule your life.

Failing that carry on carrying on, it's only an internet forum after all.
        Good to know outrage cannot be an opinion. Next time when you're in Wetherspoons being outraged over political correctness gone mad and throwing your Zimmerframe in the air. We know it's just an emotion

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          he's definitely wishing her some serious life-endangering misfortune
          He's not 'definitely' doing any such thing. He didn't say he wished anything at all would happen. And I for one really doubt that he really does want any serious misfortune to happen to her, however despicable he might be.
          Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          I don't think anybody here would react well had it been their son or daughter he was saying it about.
          Maybe not. I didn't actually say that I think it was a good thing to say, did I?

I'm going to say that if I actually thought my son or daughter was significantly in danger, I'd be upset, or if I thought someone was actually threatening to make such a thing happen, I'd go to the authorities. But this? I'd probably say, 'Cretins say what cretins say,' and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
            He's not 'definitely' doing any such thing. He didn't say he wished anything at all would happen. And I for one really doubt that he really does want any serious misfortune to happen to her, however despicable he might be.

Maybe not. I didn't actually say that I think it was a good thing to say, did I?

I'm going to say that if I actually thought my son or daughter was significantly in danger, I'd be upset, or if I thought someone was actually threatening to make such a thing happen, I'd go to the authorities. But this? I'd probably say, 'Cretins say what cretins say,' and move on.
            So why to tweet such a despicable remark in the first place, knowing it will cause a stir. Anyway his boss Putin must be glad to see attention is getting deflected from Brexit again

Comment

It is a pretty dumb think to say - he may have been having a bit of a tongue in cheek swipe at how accidents happen - just look at Epstein

But as others have said the outrage is just there to support someone's political point of view- they are exploiting this sixteen year old kid to further their own agenda's and that is the part we need to take a dim view of - as much as the moronic tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                So why to tweet such a despicable remark in the first place, knowing it will cause a stir. Anyway his boss Putin must be glad to see attention is getting deflected from Brexit again
                must you pollute Every thread with feckin B****t?

FFS

Comment

Have to agree it's a tasteless joke but no more. This outrage that's conjured up is really the odd thing here and a bit strange. People jumping on the bandwagon with fake outrage. Jeesh.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I doubt Ziggy would help you if you were being bullied.
                    I was not one to be bullied as I could look after myself, so Ziggy could have tried but he would have got a little 'hurt' in the process I didn't get on with bullies in school though as I refused to let them pick on others, so I did end up in more than my fair share of scraps, but hey ho, making a bully cry in front of their victims was worth it.

Thing is though, Ziggy is not a bully. He's the one standing behind the bully trying to look hard, but once the bully is taken out these bystanders vanish into the crowd.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      I was not one to be bullied as I could look after myself, so Ziggy could have tried but he would have got a little 'hurt' in the process I didn't get on with bullies in school though as I refused to let them pick on others, so I did end up in more than my fair share of scraps, but hey ho, making a bully cry in front of their victims was worth it.

Thing is though, Ziggy is not a bully. He's the one standing behind the bully trying to look hard, but once the bully is taken out these bystanders vanish into the crowd.
                      Anybody out there impressed?

Didn't think so.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X