• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aron Banks wishes 16 year old girl to die

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Shall we review the start of this, where you came into the thread and insulted me with zero provocation? Are you so precious because you simply can't take it back and are too suboptimal to come up with anything worthwhile to say?
    I didn't insult you in my first post, I implied that you were virtue signalling - you may call it rising up against the bullies and fascists, I call it something else.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      I didn't insult you in my first post, I implied that you were virtue signalling - you may call it rising up against the bullies and fascists, I call it something else.
      If you're using it as a pejorative then it's an insult - though the fact you're now trying to claim it wasn't an insult speaks volumes about your interpretation of what Banks said

Comment

If this boat crashes and requires a helicopter to save her, will she refuse it?

Comment

If you're using it as a pejorative then it's an insult - though the fact you're now trying to claim it wasn't an insult speaks volumes about your interpretation of what Banks said
          I tell you what, you call it what you want.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            So why to tweet such a despicable remark in the first place, knowing it will cause a stir. Anyway his boss Putin must be glad to see attention is getting deflected from Brexit again
            Checks to see if we're still in General. Yes, we are. Good.

Any idiot who read what I said can see I'm not defending the remark, and can see that I've given a likely reason why he made it. So you must be below idiot level. Given that you are the one who gave us this thread with the statement that he wishes her to die, yes, I'll reaffirm it. You are an idiot. And your second sentence here making this about Brexit proves it again. Yes, you're an idiot.

This has nothing to do with Brexit, except that those who hate him because of Brexit (including you) are mostly who is driving the outrage. But I've discussed that already.

If it weren't for Brexit, most people would have said, 'What a dumb thing to say, don't be a jerk,' and moved on. But because of Brexit, as you've just demonstrated, it's wishing death on someone!

Comment

Oh come on now, like I said earlier - it's the old "Shame if something were to happen to it" line. I agree, in that I doubt he literally wants her dead, but I do rather suspect it was his initial emotional reaction.
              Ok. He said it's a joke, that's credible, but you've read his mind. I agree that your interpretation ('shame if something were to happen') is also credible -- but I have no reason to believe that was what he meant, not having the power to read his mind, and given that there is at least one credible alternative.

Granted, I don't spend my life doing deep analysis of the thought processes behind tweets, nor of Mr Banks' thought processes. So perhaps you are right. I'm not prepared to make or credit accusations based on your unproven theory, however.

I know of no reason why it would be his initial emotional reaction to want her dead. People say stupid things all the time without having such an emotional reaction. You've manufactured this one entirely. Well, you didn't, but you are following along with those who did.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                Ok. He said it's a joke, that's credible, but you've read his mind. I agree that your interpretation ('shame if something were to happen') is also credible -- but I have no reason to believe that was what he meant, not having the power to read his mind, and given that there is at least one credible alternative.

Granted, I don't spend my life doing deep analysis of the thought processes behind tweets, nor of Mr Banks' thought processes. So perhaps you are right. I'm not prepared to make or credit accusations based on your unproven theory, however.

I know of no reason why it would be his initial emotional reaction to want her dead. People say stupid things all the time without having such an emotional reaction. You've manufactured this one entirely. Well, you didn't, but you are following along with those who did.
                So what do YOU think he meant? I see a lot of people in this thread quick tell everybody what he didn't mean, but I see absolutely no counter. I presume you know his story, you know her story - what do YOU think he meant by his tweet? What did the line say/imply etc in your mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Greta Thunberg: Caroline Lucas reports Arron Banks to Twitter - BBC News

Regardless if you agree with Thunberg or not this is just vile
                  It was obviously just a wry joke, maybe better left unsaid it's true, but getting all hysterical about it makes you sound like Caroline Lucas, a humourless virtue-signalling twit.
                  Last edited by OwlHoot; 16 August 2019, 13:41.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    It was obviously just a wry joke, maybe better left unsaid it's true, but getting all hysterical about it makes you sound like Caroline Lucas, a humourless virtue-signalling twit.
                    You're an idiot. If you seriously think a grown man in the public eye, saying something like this, on a public social media platform about a 16 year old girl is funny (don't forget, jokes are supposed to be funny), then you have issues dude.

I get it's fashionable for some of you to hate anything 'left', but come on, really, you think this is acceptable behavior from an adult?

It's nothing to do with "virtue-signalling", it's is all about having in a moral compass.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      Still a lot better than the kind of person who makes public jokes about a child dying, motivated by his distaste for that child's political views and activities. What next, making jokes about named children being raped? Where do you draw the line?

Comment

Working...
                      X