• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aron Banks wishes 16 year old girl to die

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    You're an idiot. If you seriously think a grown man in the public eye, saying something like this, on a public social media platform about a 16 year old girl is funny (don't forget, jokes are supposed to be funny), then you have issues dude.

I get it's fashionable for some of you to hate anything 'left', but come on, really, you think this is acceptable behavior from an adult?

It's nothing to do with "virtue-signalling", it's is all about having in a moral compass.
    I wonder if there would be so much sympathy, or any, for a precocious right-wing kid in the public eye who was the subject of a similar unfunny joke.

Say one of Jacob Rees Mogg's teenage kids addressed the Tory Conference, as 16 year old William Hague did forty years ago, and accidently tripped and fell down some stairs on his way from the podium. Would anyone pipe up and complain if some leftie tweeted that it was a shame he hadn't broken his neck leaving one less toff in the World? I bet not.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      So what do YOU think he meant?
      I already told you what I think he meant, and it fits with what he's said about it.
      Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
      And Aron Banks made a joke about this kind of political stunt could come with a cost. It was tacky. He shouldn't have done it. If he were a decent person, he probably wouldn't have, although the best people mess up sometimes. He's probably not a decent person.
      Could he have been lying when he said it was a joke? Yeah, he could. But it is a lot more probable that he was joking than that he actually ever wanted harm to come to her.

I know you are an intelligent person. But you've let Caroline Lucas frame the way you view this, and you allowed it to affect even how you read what other people say about it. The result is that you've left yourself looking as if you were completely discounting a reasonable possibility, that he really was just joking (inappropriately, but just a joke), even after that had been specifically suggested. And so you left yourself looking as if you are just a knee-jerk reactionary driven by biases.

When really, I'm guessing, it isn't that. It's that you let someone else's framing drive your thinking and so you didn't even pay attention enough to another view to discuss it reasonably. That's too bad, but at least it doesn't force me to think you're an idiot, so I guess I'll take it.

Comment

Another nice piece of work

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I wonder if there would be so much sympathy, or any, for a precocious right-wing kid in the public eye who was the subject of a similar unfunny joke.

Say one of Jacob Rees Mogg's teenage kids addressed the Tory Conference, as 16 year old William Hague did forty years ago, and accidently tripped and fell down some stairs on his way from the podium. Would anyone pipe up and complain if some leftie tweeted that it was a shame he hadn't broken his neck leaving one less toff in the World? I bet not.
          I would, whether you believe it or not. I've also spoken out against milkshaking, despite being a left liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
            I already told you what I think he meant, and it fits with what he's said about it.

Could he have been lying when he said it was a joke? Yeah, he could. But it is a lot more probable that he was joking than that he actually ever wanted harm to come to her.

I know you are an intelligent person. But you've let Caroline Lucas frame the way you view this, and you allowed it to affect even how you read what other people say about it. The result is that you've left yourself looking as if you were completely discounting a reasonable possibility, that he really was just joking (inappropriately, but just a joke), even after that had been specifically suggested. And so you left yourself looking as if you are just a knee-jerk reactionary driven by biases.

When really, I'm guessing, it isn't that. It's that you let someone else's framing drive your thinking and so you didn't even pay attention enough to another view to discuss it reasonably. That's too bad, but at least it doesn't force me to think you're an idiot, so I guess I'll take it.
            I guess I'm not quite following you - whether it was a joke is kind of immaterial, in that it's no more a joke than any other kind of bullying disguised as banter is. Like I say, I don't particularly believe he's spent a great deal of time genuinely sat there hoping she dies or anything, but I do think the use of that kind of 'joke' is a telltale sign of his thought process, and to make it against a young girl is just pathetic. "Just a joke" is just a weak way to downplay what has been said

You keep blaminng this Caroline Lucas, who to be frank, I hardly know - when I saw the tweet, saw the content and made my own mind up.

Comment

Huge rightwing outrage over Emily Thornberry's joke
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Another nice piece of work
                He's right. And your point is?
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by lockhouse View Post
                  he's right. And your point is?
                  see my outrage!!!!!!!!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Ah, the alt-right playing the victim card. And not outraged because of what some did say, but outraged by a hypothetical example they just made up.

Well done. Your virtue is well and truly signalled.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Here you have the outrage by the Rees Mogg friendly press when his son was heckled

'Your daddy is a HORRIBLE person!' Protesters shout abuse at Jacob Rees-Mogg's CHILDREN | UK | News | Express.co.uk
                      BTW even the guardian was not happy
                      Jacob Rees-Mogg and his family harassed by activists | Politics | The Guardian
                      Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Working...
                      X