• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Danish bank launches world’s first negative interest rate mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    they don't have Euros in Denmark despite the fact that brexiteers want to make you believe that it is mandatory to join the Euro if you want to stay in the EU
    Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
    It's (eventually) mandatory to join the Euro if you want to join/stay in the EU. Not for the UK though as an exception was created in the Lisbon treaty. Another example how EU always descriminates the UK...
    Denmark and Sweden also negotiated an exception.
    Can you fuqwits at least agree to disagree?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      I thought parents were the first to give negative interest rate loans and mortgages
      Tell me about it.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Can you fuqwits at least agree to disagree?
        There is nothing to agree or disagree... UK, Denmark and Sweden, they all negotiated an exception to joining the Euro!
        "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
          There is nothing to agree or disagree... UK, Denmark and Sweden, they all negotiated an exception to joining the Euro!
          Well I disagree! The BBC tells me that Sweden has NOT negotiated an opt-out:

"Some European Union countries have negotiated "opt-outs" in areas of EU policy they do not want to join.

In the case of the UK and Denmark, these opt-outs include membership of the euro currency.

Sweden, a country which has no opt-out, has also been able to resist adopting the euro. In 2003, a referendum was held in which voters rejected joining the currency."

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

"Some European Union countries have negotiated "opt-outs" in areas of EU policy they do not want to join.

In the case of the UK and Denmark, these opt-outs include membership of the euro currency.

Sweden, a country which has no opt-out, has also been able to resist adopting the euro. In 2003, a referendum was held in which voters rejected joining the currency."
            what ?what?
            yes! -i disagree too
            what?
            zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Tell me about it.
              remember though that children decide which care home you will be assigned to!

Comment

they don't have Euros in Denmark despite the fact that brexiteers want to make you believe that it is mandatory to join the Euro if you want to stay in the EU
                It is now. Denmark has an opt-out*, since they joined before Maastricht. Everyone who joins now must adopt the Euro when they meet the qualifying criteria.

*As has the UK. If we don't end up leaving, I fully expect all our opt-out clauses to be torn up in our faces.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Sweden are just kicking the can down the road. They are supposed to be committed to joining the Eurozone, but everyone's looking elsewhere at the moment. And we all know what the EU think about referendums...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    It is now. Denmark has an opt-out*, since they joined before Maastricht. Everyone who joins now must adopt the Euro when they meet the qualifying criteria.

*As has the UK. If we don't end up leaving, I fully expect all our opt-out clauses to be torn up in our faces.
                    Don't worry, that will only happen in a couple of years when UK beg to join EU again...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                      remember though that children decide which care home you will be assigned to!
                      Which one did your children send you to?
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X