• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If Greenland is not for sale....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There seems to be a correlation between drug taking and eating things deep fried. Lets close down all the chip shops - problem sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      There seems to be a correlation between drug taking and eating things deep fried. Lets close down all the chip shops - problem sorted.
      We could always put wee notes in the weegies supper boxes and on buckie labels!

(There might be a flaw in that plan, we'd have to teach 'em to read first)
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

So Scooty blames drug addiction on prescription drugs,
        What was said was reference to the abuse of OTC drugs by GP's handing them out like they are candy.

New prescription rules for GPs to curb UK’s opioid epidemic

New addicts are being created daily. And it's not just a UK problem, the US, Australia, many Western countries are being affected. Have seen first hand the issues being caused and it is no laughing matter. Just deeply saddening.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          What was said was reference to the abuse of OTC drugs by GP's handing them out like they are candy.

New prescription rules for GPs to curb UK’s opioid epidemic

New addicts are being created daily. And it's not just a UK problem, the US, Australia, many Western countries are being affected. Have seen first hand the issues being caused and it is no laughing matter. Just deeply saddening.
          I don't think anyone is laughing. There're a few getting offended, especially when they've had a pint or two...
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

By their nature these are NOT OTC, they are scripted. If the CMO spent less time on her life long hobby horse of fags and booze and more time on what her system creates we'd all be a bit happier I think.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Apparently, it's not such a daft idea to buy it. Global warming that he doesn't believe in may make it easier to get at the natural resources there.
              it may be more political than that. I saw a recent program which suggested that the Chinese were interested in "investing" in the Greenland infrastructure. This seems to have been missed in this debate.

Why is the US suddenly interested in Greenland? - The Local
              Last edited by JohntheBike; 21 August 2019, 15:33.

Comment

Anyone who watched last night's "World War Weird" will remember how the Septics "invested" in Greenland's "infrastructure" in the 1960s.

I wonder if that nuclear reactor is still buried in the ice.

Ah, no, they took that bit, just left the rest of their rubbish behind.

Greenland's receding icecap to expose top-secret US nuclear project | World news | The Guardian

Then again, there's bits of a couple of nukes up in Thule to make up for it.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 August 2019, 15:38.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Anyone who watched last night's "World War Weird" will remember how the Septics "invested" in Greenland's "infrastructure" in the 1960s.

I wonder if that nuclear reactor is still buried in the ice.
                  I missed it, but some of the stories are really unbelievable. At one time there were many people who believed, and were ridiculed for, that governments were seeding the atmosphere with various chemicals/bugs to see how the populace reacted. One earlier episode of this program uncovered actual evidence of this having taken place on some island in the USA. So anything's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                    I missed it, but some of the stories are really unbelievable. At one time there were many people who believed, and were ridiculed for, that governments were seeding the atmosphere with various chemicals/bugs to see how the populace reacted. One earlier episode of this program uncovered actual evidence of this having taken place on some island in the USA. So anything's possible.
                    Maybe the UK could transfer Wales to the USA? £50m? £100m? Actually, I reckon it would be worth the UK paying £1bn to the USA to take it off their hands....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Maybe the UK could transfer Wales to the USA? £50m? £100m? Actually, I reckon it would be worth the UK paying £1bn to the USA to take it off their hands....
                      I was thinking Scotland, he already has property there and could expand it into one huge golf course...with bling hotels
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X