• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PC killed in Berkshire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC killed in Berkshire

Very sad, his family must be devastated.

10 males arrested aged between 13 and 30. Travellers perhaps? Someone at work lives near there, said there's a group parked up not far from where it happened.

Link

Married 4 weeks ago. Dragged along the road by a car. According to the Grauniad.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I woulsd like to see the death penalty for such cases.

Comment

Turns out he was dragged along the road by a van, then hit by a police car. And it was travellers.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I woulsd like to see the death penalty for such cases.
          I would be already happy if they get anything like 20+ years in jail...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
          "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Forensic teams scour travellers site near where PC Andrew Harper was killed | Daily Mail Online

Forensic teams scour travellers' site near the spot where murdered newlywed PC Andrew Harper was 'dragged to his death by fleeing getaway van' - as police continue to quiz ten men aged 13 to 30

• Forensic teams were seen scouring traveller site near where PC was killed
            • Four Houses Corner caravan site reportedly on lockdown since yest. evening
            • PC Andrew Harper was attending reports of a burglary near Reading, Berkshire
            • The newlywed officer was dragged beneath a van for several hundred yards
            • He was then reportedly hit by a police dog vehicle responding to the incident

hmm
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post

You would not like to offend their civil rights would you?

I thought the case of Richard Osborn-Brooks might act as a wake up call. If there is something positive to come out of this tragedy I would hope it would be less tolerant to people who think they can do what they want when they want.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14
                sweaty, however IS allowed.
                That’s because they were going about there normal daily jobs (robbing people)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  That’s because they were going about there normal daily jobs (robbing people)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                  yes, quite.
                  i'm not a fan, but at least i can say so in English.

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post

If they get a murder conviction then a whole life order is considered the starting point. Whether they can push murder is another matter, *but* all they have to prove is intent to cause GBH and I'd say ploughing a car into someone at speed and not stopping is pretty much there. First problem will be IDing the driver though.

There was joint enterprise, but there was some case about that not so long ago which changed things so dunno what the crack is there

Comment

Working...
                    X