• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can we have something new to be angry about?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Having drunk half a bottle of fizz, I am incensed that there isn't more in the bottle.

EDIT: only drank half cos I was sharing it. INKSPE, I know...
    If your chap was any sort of man he'd have stuck to beer and let you have the lot. It's what I do...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Say "Traveller Scum" and for some strange reason the Mods find that really offensive.
      What’s even odder is how you’re triggered so much by it being changed.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        What’s even odder is how you’re triggered so much by it being changed.
        Does "triggered" mean "offended"? If so, I'm offended that I can't use the appropriate term to describe such vermin. And you find that odd? Really?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Does "triggered" mean "offended"? If so, I'm offended that I can't use the appropriate term to describe such vermin. And you find that odd? Really?
          According to the top definition in the urban dictionary (not exactly the OED, but never mind) it means "Getting filled with hate after seeing, hearing or experiencing something you can't stand." So, for example, a moderator removes an ethnic slur from a few posts, doesn't hand out an infraction, doesn't ban anyone and otherwise doesn't make a fuss, and then some posters behave like this:

"You aren't fit to be a Mod,... (repeat of ethnic slur)".

Hope that's a clear enough example for you.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            According to the top definition in the urban dictionary (not exactly the OED, but never mind) it means "Getting filled with hate after seeing, hearing or experiencing something you can't stand." So, for example, a moderator removes an ethnic slur from a few posts, doesn't hand out an infraction, doesn't ban anyone and otherwise doesn't make a fuss, and then some posters behave like this:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2673040

Hope that's a clear enough example for you.
            So you're happy to demonise "some voters who don't agree with your view" as "gammons", but a criminal class of vermin scum can't be described by the term by which we all know them, and which they fully deserve?
            Oh, and for the record, I'm far from "filled with hate".

Comment

I think being filled with probably meets the definition. Your reaction seems a leeeeeeeetle bit OTT. Anyway, I've deleted the off-topic posts on that thread, including your incredibly put down that left me unable to respond.

So you're happy to demonise "some voters who don't agree with your view" as "gammons", but a criminal class of vermin scum can't be described by the term by which we all know them
              Well, since not all people to whom that epithet is generally applied are a criminal class of vermin scum, then yes. You can't describe them using that word. Voters who don't agree with my view isn't a legally recognised ethnic group, and furthermore not all people who's views don't concord with mine are gammons.

But do carry on if you find it therapeutic.

Comment

I think being filled with probably meets the definition. Your reaction seems a leeeeeeeetle bit OTT. Anyway, I've deleted the off-topic posts on that thread, including your incredibly put down that left me unable to respond.

Well, since not all people to whom that epithet is generally applied are a criminal class of vermin scum, then yes. You can't describe them using that word. Voters who don't agree with my view isn't a legally recognised ethnic group, and furthermore not all people who's views don't concord with mine are gammons.

But do carry on if you find it therapeutic.
                And yet you allow/encourage the use of the term. Still, I take it as a compliment; you don't have any reasonable arguments left, so name-calling it is. Somewhat pathetic, really...

Comment

And yet you allow/encourage the use of the term. Still, I take it as a compliment; you don't have any reasonable arguments left, so name-calling it is. Somewhat pathetic, really...
                  I'm glad to be able to make you feel better. But I didn't know you were a gammon. Do you go red in the face over immigration etc.? Or worse... do you read the Daily Mail? I had you down as a reasonably intelligent person.

Comment

"You aren't fit to be a Mod,... (repeat of ethnic slur)".
                    You aren't fit to be a mod. You... you... watch maker you!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      You aren't fit to be a mod. You... you... watch maker you!
                      Exactly. You can imagine how hurt I was. I had to go and count the gold in my numbered bank account. But I still didn't ban him.

Comment

Working...
                      X