• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can we have something new to be angry about?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Exactly. You can imagine how hurt I was. I had to go and count the gold in my numbered bank account. But I still didn't ban him.
    yet

Comment

I'm glad to be able to make you feel better. But I didn't know you were a gammon. Do you go red in the face over immigration etc.? Or worse... do you read the Daily Mail? I had you down as a reasonably intelligent person.
      I don't get worked up over immigration, and I never read the Wail. You are right about the last bit though...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        I don't get worked up over immigration, and I never read the Wail. You are right about the last bit though...
        I made a comment amount gammons. You decided for some reason I was calling you a gammon. I'm glad you've figured out I wasn't. And that probably you're not a gammon.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I get annoyed that people get angry about trivial things rather than the important things that damage the lives of so many people. Essentially they only react to the things that they are told to by the media.

Here's a good example: https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/s...31817881395200

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            I get annoyed that people get angry about trivial things rather than the important things that damage the lives of so many people. Essentially they only react to the things that they are told to by the media.

Here's a good example: Matt Stoller on Twitter: "1. Starting 2006 or so, I've become somewhat disillusioned with the Democratic Party. I'm going to explain why. It has to do with the relationship most Democrats have with corporate power, or really, power. Now first, to explain, I'm a liberal Democrat."
            I get annoyed that people get annoyed that people get angry about trivial things rather than the important things that damage the lives of so many people.
            [/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I get annoyed that people get annoyed that people get angry about trivial things rather than the important things that damage the lives of so many people.
              [/QUOTE]

All day drinking is doing you a power of good, old chap.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                I get annoyed that people get angry about trivial things rather than the important things that damage the lives of so many people.
                Exactly. You see, I wasn't the least bit upset about the use of "pikey", it's just that it has become an
                unacceptable term with racist connotations, and so, as a moderator, I have to deal with that.

What I find incredible is that people got upset about a little modsnip and it seems to them a bigger deal than some poor copper killed just doing his job. One of my kids wants to be a police officer. One of my friends did become a cop and her partner was shot dead four weeks after she began - took a bullet for a lowlife.

Comment

Exactly. You see, I wasn't the least bit upset about the use of "pikey", it's just that it has become an
                  unacceptable term with racist connotations, and so, as a moderator, I have to deal with that.

What I find incredible is that people got upset about a little modsnip and it seems to them a bigger deal than some poor copper killed just doing his job. One of my kids wants to be a police officer. One of my friends did become a cop and her partner was shot dead four weeks after she began - took a bullet for a lowlife.
                  Not enough people showing enough outrage for you?

I refuse to get annoyed about anything on this forum, you chunts just aren't worth it.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

I refuse to get annoyed about anything on this forum, you chunts just aren't worth it.
                    Yet somehow it always provokes a reaction in you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Virtue signalling again I see...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X